The Haunted Mansion gets an adjusted introduction at Tokyo Disneyland, Patrick Mahomes goes to Disneyland after winning the Super Bowl, and a first look at the menu for Ice Cold Hydraulics at Disney’s Hollywood Studios — all this and more in today’s daily recap for Monday, February 12, 2024.
Walt Disney World
- The Main Street Cinema in Magic Kingdom is “Now Showing Mickey Mouseterpieces,” with updated marquee signage outside.
- We have spoken to the individual who was seen in the Rivers of America after falling from a Tom Sawyer raft earlier this month to get the full story of the incident.
- The first outdoor kitchen booth for the 2024 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival has been installed in World Nature.
- The Norway troll and China panda topiaries have been installed ahead of the 2024 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- We’ve got our first look at some of the menu items that will be available at Ice Cold Hydraulics, a new kiosk opening soon on Grand Avenue.
- Seven years after its closure, the sign for the Starring Rolls Cafe and Bakery in Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been removed.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Doubloon Lagoon pool and Mardi Grogs pool bar are currently closed for routine refurbishment at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter.
- A new pin set inspired by four of the Magic Kingdom lands is now available at Walt Disney World.
- Patrick Mahomes returned to the Happiest Place on Earth following the Kansas City Chiefs’ historic overtime win in Super Bowl LVIII.
- As part of that return, Mahones appeared in a Super Bowl Victory Parade in Disneyland Park with Mickey, Minnie, and more Disney characters.
- Scaffolding and construction walls have gone up around the building that houses restrooms and the lost and found area in the Disneyland Resort esplanade.
- The Disneyland Fire Department firehouse and City Hall have also been covered in scaffolding.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The Haunted Mansion at Tokyo Disneyland has reopened from refurbishment with an updated introduction to be more inclusive of different genders.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line has revealed the completed bow artwork for the Disney Treasure, featuring Captain Minnie Mouse in her new adventuring outfit.
Entertainment and Media
- “Star Wars: Andor” has wrapped filming on season two, according to a post by star Diego Luna on Instagram.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney CEO Bob Iger appears in a new video for VoteDisney.com, urging shareholders to vote for the company’s Board of Directors nominees and not those from Trian Group and Blackwells Capital.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post ‘Ladies and Gentlemen’ Introduction Removed from The Haunted Mansion & More: Daily Recap (2/12/24) appeared first on WDW News Today.