A new Donald Duck event announced for Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland closes early, and auditions for the new Little Mermaid stage show are posted — all this and more in today’s daily recap for Monday, February 5, 2024.
Walt Disney World
- More paint and black paneling have been added to CommuniCore Hall in World Celebration at EPCOT.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Walt Disney World is now accepting online submissions for the roles of Ariel and Prince Eric for “The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure,” the new show replacing the former “Voyage of The Little Mermaid” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The previously planned refurbishment for Walt Disney Presents has seemingly been postponed or canceled, as the Walt Disney World operating calendar no longer shows the closure scheduled for later this month.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The flamingo viewing area on Discovery Island at Disney’s Animal Kingdom has been closed for construction.
- A new Starbucks “Discovery Series” espresso mug ornament has arrived at Walt Disney World, this time for Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney hopes to keep its trade secrets confidential in its state lawsuit against the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District, as “significant harm” could come if that information is publicly released.
- Pam Flint, an opening day Cast Member who still works at Walt Disney World, has shared a reflection of her 50-year career in a new interview with People.
- The theme parks at Disneyland Resort will be closing early again today, February 5, 2024, amid a state of emergency.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The second Disney Pal-Palooza for Tokyo Disneyland has been announced, this time themed to Donald Duck.
- New details have been announced for the Dreaming of Fantasy Springs event at Tokyo DisneySea, including that unique popcorn boxes featuring a countdown will be available, and will change daily.
- Tokyo Disney Resort got a surprise snowfall today, transforming both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea into a wintry wonderland.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney has released a new video featuring Professor Ludwig Von Drake to help shareholders learn “how to vote,” and specifically not vote for Trian Group or Blackwells nominees for the Board of Directors ahead of the company’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post Donald Duck Event Coming to Tokyo Disneyland & More: Daily Recap (2/5/24) appeared first on WDW News Today.