If there’s one thing we love most about Disney World here at DFB, it’s the food.
And, we especially love being able to bring you news about the latest snacks, meals, restaurants, and more. A while back, we learned that a new Disney restaurant would be coming to an underrated area soon, and now, that time has finally come!
November 20th, 2023 marks the opening date of Simply Capri, a new restaurant from legendary restaurateur Nick Valenti, CEO of the Patina Restaurant Group (which operates several Disney World restaurants). Simply Capri brings “the charm, cuisine, and spirit of southern Italy and the Amalfi Coast” to Flamingo Crossings Village!
The new restaurant will be open seven days a week serving lunch, dinner, and late-night bites at the following times:
- Lunch: 12PM to 3PM
- Dinner: 4PM to 10:30PM
- Late Night Bites (Thursday to Sunday): 10PM to Midnight
We looked at the menu and were drooling over the sounds of Bufala Mozzarella, the Casereccio sandwich, Margherita pizza, and more. Simply Capri will be like no other restaurant — just check out a bit more about the dream team Valenti has assembled for the space:
- The Executive Chef is Giovanni Aletto, who was born and raised in Naples, Italy. Aletto was previously Executive Chef in the Italy pavilion at EPCOT and owned his own restaurant in the Marche region of Italy.
- The General Manager is Benito Sevarin, formerly the Head of Operations in the Italy Pavilion at EPCOT. He was also Director of Operations for 18 years with the famed Le Cirque in New York, Las Vegas and Mexico City.
- The restaurant was designed by award-winning Italian architects Stefano Nardini and Raffaella Melucci.
- The interior of the restaurant features imported Italian fixtures which include hand painted tiles that form stunning murals, dining tables, chairs, hand blown glassware turned into nine-foot long lighting fixtures, hand painted pottery, and an Acunto pizza oven.
- Simply Capri imports Italian ingredients which will include Caputo flour, San Marzano tomatoes, cheeses, and a wine list featuring over 100 labels with many exclusive Italian wines.
- The restaurant will unveil a cultural exchange program that has brought representatives from Italy to be servers, chefs, and bartenders, allowing them to share their proud heritage with guests.
- Simply Capri customers will be impressed with its fresh fish offerings that will feature local and imported fish from around the country.
So, what are you waiting for? Simply Capri is open now and taking reservations as well! Buon appetite!
Flamingo Crossings is located in Winter Garden near Disney World, and Disney has BIG plans for it. The area will be home to hotels, stores, and restaurants. Retailers and restaurants continue to sign up to move into the area, including Target, Starbucks, Five Below, and more.
Stay tuned to DFB for the latest updates from around Disney World and more!
Will you be checking this new restaurant out? Tell us in the comments!
The post NEWS: Simply Capri, a New Disney Restaurant, Is NOW OPEN! first appeared on the disney food blog.