We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, September 19, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The female black bear that shut down half of Magic Kingdom on Monday morning has been released into the wild.
- Three months after initially being drained and roped off, the bottom of the Cinderella fountain in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom has finally been repaired and repainted.
- As previously announced, the Pepperoni Pizza Spring Rolls have returned as “Pepperoni and Cheese Spring Rolls” to the Adventureland Spring Rolls Cart in Magic Kingdom.
- We noticed some scrim on the exterior of Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom, suggesting the façade is being refurbished.
- Two Oswald-inspired treats will be available to Walt Disney World Annual Passholders beginning tomorrow, September 20, at EPCOT.
- EPCOT Park Passes are at capacity for three days of Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana” Annual Passholder previews and Disney Vacation Club previews.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Scrim has been removed from the Star Tours façade at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, revealing the refreshed “Star Wars” Endor forest mural.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- A new offer is available to Disney Visa Cardmembers for stays at Walt Disney World Resort hotels in early 2024.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Starting today, Florida residents are able to purchase the Disney Weekday Magic Ticket for visits to Walt Disney World theme parks this fall.
- More Halloween treats are on their way to Walt Disney World. Disney released a guide to the new and returning treats that will be available at theme parks, hotels, and Disney Springs this October.
- A new Walt Disney World license plate benefitting Make-A-Wish is rolling out in Florida this week.
- Imagineers are “sprinkling a touch of timeless pixie dust to refresh the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection” statues at Walt Disney World Resort — which means they are finally removing the 50th anniversary medallions from the golden statues.
- Disneyland Resort is currently looking to cast performers who excel on inline skates for a “unique, experience” coming to the resort.
- The Spooky Tree Flight with souvenir Poison Apple cups is now sold out, with no further restocks planned at Carthay Circle in Disney California Adventure.
- A neon sign for the Acme Corporation has been added to the set of Judge Doom’s treat trail at Oogie Boogie Bash 2023.
- Construction walls are gone from around The Villas at Disneyland Hotel — a new Disney Vacation Club tower — as well as from the Monorail waterslides, which were closed for refurbishment last month.
- The Adventureland Treehouse Inspired by Walt Disney’s Swiss Family Robinson is shedding scaffolding and receiving new details, including a saqiyah, one of the water features, ahead of its fall reopening.
- Walt Disney Imagineering shared a new video of Imagineers discussing their inspiration and process for redesigning the Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris.
- A new McDonald’s location is coming to Disney Village at Disneyland Paris as part of the shopping and dining center’s ongoing reimagining.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger and Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences & Products Josh D’Amaro have said that the company has “over 1,000 acres of land for possible future development to expand theme park space across its existing sites – the equivalent of about seven new Disneyland Parks.”
- When discussing potential theme park expansions at Tuesday’s Investor Summit, Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences & Products Josh D’Amaro referenced Wakanda from “Black Panther” as a possible expansion.
- Disney stock has dropped over 2% after the company announced plans to double spending on their theme parks and cruise line.
- According to a new filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), The Walt Disney Company will spend $60 billion in the next 10 years to “expand and enhance” Disney Parks around the world, as well as Disney Cruise Line capacity.
WDW News Today
Disney+ to Fall Short of 2024 Subscriber Goal, ‘Rogers: The Musical’ Cast Recording Now Streaming!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!