Splash Mountain has officially closed forever at Magic Kingdom to become Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. Splash Mountain references have been removed from the Walt Disney World Railroad and the Liberty Square Riverboat. Now the attraction’s pressed penny machines have been removed.
Walls are up beneath the Walt Disney World Railroad train station where a pressed penny machine had designs for both Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
A day before Splash Mountain closed, we saw guests lining up for the other pressed penny machine in Splashdown Photos, which is now unavailable.
Cast Members confirmed that the penny machines have been removed.
The nearby Laughin’ Place play area is still open.
Here is the penny machine as it appeared when it was first installed.
It had designs featuring the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad train, a vulture, Br’er Rabbit, and Mickey and Minnie.
Fans who still want a Splash Mountain souvenir can always check eBay for some Splash Mountain water.
Disney says that in the upcoming attraction, guests will “join Princess Tiana and jazz-loving alligator Louis during Mardi Gras season as they prepare to host a one-of-a-kind celebration for the people of New Orleans.” It’s scheduled to open in late 2024.
Read more details about Tiana’s Bayou Adventure:
- Logo for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Revealed
- First Look at Tiana’s New Outfit for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Model at D23 Expo 2022 Shows Removal of Iconic Splash Mountain Tree
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Backstory and More Information Revealed at D23 Expo 2022
- More Details Revealed for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Story, Original Cast Returning
The post Splash Mountain Pressed Penny Machines Removed From Magic Kingdom appeared first on WDW News Today.