Hurricane Ian recently left a swath of devastation across the state of Florida, but hurricane season isn’t over yet.
We’ve already told you what to expect in Disney World during a hurricane, and we’ve given you details on some of Disney World’s cancelation policies concerning hurricanes. We’ve also talked about the possibility of another hurricane affecting Disney World soon. Now, a new tropical storm is set to become a hurricane, so we’re looking at if it would impact Florida.
According to The National Hurricane Center, Tropical Storm Julia is on track to become a hurricane later today. However, Julia is located in the Western Caribbean, below Florida, and currently poses no threat to the state. However, a Hurricane Warning is currently in effect for the Nicaragua Coast.
As of 8AM this morning, Tropical Storm Julia had sustained winds of 60 mph and was currently moving along its projected path at 21 mph. Once Julia reaches the coast, flash flooding and mudslides are expected across parts of Central America over the weekend.
However, hurricane season doesn’t end until November 30th, so we’ll be keeping an eye on any other storms that may form between now and then. If any could potentially impact your Disney World vacation, we’ll be sure to let you know about tropical storm warnings, hurricane warnings, flood advisories, and more, so stay tuned to DFB for information.
So what should you do if you’re traveling during hurricane season? You’ll want to pack appropriately for the weather — we’ve got a few articles for what you should pack.
- Click here to see 6 items you NEED for a hurricane in Disney World
- Click here to see a list of 14 Amazon essentials to survive rainy days in Disney World
- Click here to check out 8 things you’ll regret not having with you when it rains in Disney World
Disney World just experienced a hurricane and we were staying at Disney World when it happened. Know what to expect if you’re traveling during hurricane season by reading about what happened:
- Disney World announces multi-day park closures
- See what Disney World hotel restaurants were open
- Disney World adds hurricane meal kits to its menus
- Step-by-step guide to hurricane cancelation policies and refunds in Disney World
- See inside Disney World after Hurricane Ian
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Have you been to Disney World during a hurricane? Tell us about your experience in the comments!
The post Tropical Storm Julia to Become Hurricane Today — Will It Impact Florida? first appeared on the disney food blog.