In 2024, Adventures by Disney will launch their first expedition cruises in the Adriatic Sea. Expedition cruises in Antarctica, the Arctic, and the Galapagos Islands will also be available.
The two Adriatic Sea cruises will be 8-day, 7-night round-trips from Venice, Italy. They will visit ports in Croatia and Montenegro on the PONANT ship Le Bougainville, “a small, purpose-built intimate ship, specially designed to access remote locations.” Here is what guests may experience on one of these sailings:
- Discover the islands adorning the Adriatic coast with stops at Korcula to taste the famed Mali Ston oysters or Hvar to kayak along the Pakleni Islands.
- Enjoy delicious food, Croatian wine, captivating architecture and culture unique to the region.
- Bike through vineyards and lavender fields of the UNESCO Stari Grad Plain (also known as Hora or Ager).
- Taste local delicacies such as Dalmatian Prosciutto, aged by the bura, a northerly-blowing wind common in the winter months.
- Explore picturesque Boka Bay in Montenegro by catamaran or strolling the cobbled streets of Old Town Kotor.
- Wander medieval Croatian port-towns awash in warm limestone and distinctive, red-tiled roofs, and visiting the world-famous Predjama Castle in Slovenia.
- Delve into the massive underground labyrinth at Slovenia’s Postojna Cave and discovering the “dragons” that call it home.
- Step back in time to learn about time-honored Croatian traditions including methods of pressing olive oil.
Up to six Adventure Guides will accompany guests and lead activities. On board activities will include themed karaoke nights, game/trivia nights, a talent show, adults-only cocktail workshops and fitness classes, a “Pirates of the Adriatic” swim party for Junior Adventurers, and more.
Upcoming Antarctica and Patagonia expedition cruises will be December 17-28, 2023, and February 17-28, 2024. An Arctic expedition cruise will be July 1-10, 2024. Galapagos Islands expedition cruises will be on March 17-25, June 9-17, July 14-22, August 7-15, and December 18-26, 2024.
Bookings for 2024 expedition cruises will open to the public on Thursday, October 27, 2022. Early booking will be available for some travelers. Here is the schedule:
- Oct. 24, 2022 – Adventure Insiders with 3+ previous Adventures
- Oct. 25, 2022 – All Adventure Insiders
- Oct. 26, 2022 – Disney Vacation Club Members, Disney Cruise Line Gold & Platinum Castaway Members, Golden Oak Residents
- Oct. 27, 2022 – Bookings open for general public
Travelers interested in booking a 2024 expedition cruise can take advantage of Adventure by Disney’s early booking offer, with savings of $1,000 per person on select 2024 Antarctica Expedition Cruises and $750 per person on select 2024 Antarctica Expedition Cruises. Additionally, travelers on eligible 2024 Expedition Cruise departures can also save 50% per person on the nonrefundable deposit required at booking.
Guests can also extend their expedition cruise vacations in select cities through an Adventures by Disney Escape, a series of short-stay getaways that are big on adventure. Escapes often complement a trip — immediately before or following an existing itinerary — and are ideal for those wishing for a deeper dive into a region’s culture, history, and landscape. The four-day Buenos Aires Escape is a great way to discover the cosmopolitan capital of Argentina before embarking on the Antarctica Expedition Cruise. The six-day Amazon Escape takes guests on an exploration of the Amazon rainforest prior to the start of their Galapagos Islands Expedition Cruise.
The post Adventures by Disney Launching First Adriatic Sea Cruises in 2024 appeared first on WDW News Today.