The moment that we’ve been waiting for is finally here!
The Disney Wish has been christened and the inaugural sailing is just around the corner. We have so much information about the merchandise coming to the Disney Wish, plus entertainment like the live shows, as well as two unique dining experiences, a Marvel dining experience, and a Frozen-themed dining experience, as well. Now, we’re heading to one of the adults-only spaces on the ship to bring you our full review!
Nightingale’s is a piano bar based off of the song (“Sing Sweet Nightingale”) in Cinderella (we’re already humming it), and it’s themed after the movie with lots of subtle touches to Cinderella in the decor. You might notice the various shades of blue and, of course, a piano!
The bar is located off of the lobby and is meant to serve as an extension of the Grand Hall, which is also fairytale-themed. You can grab fine wines and hand-crafted cocktails while listening to live entertainment!
The piano is placed near the center of the room under an impressive chandelier, and if you look closely you may see the music notes and the “bubbles” that remind us of the “Sing Sweet Nightingale” scene in Cinderella, when she’s singing while washing the floors.
There’s a variety of seating available, including at the bar, individual tables, and some booths too. There are plush chairs and small tables surrounding the piano as well.
Let’s have a drink!
This bar has an extensive wine list with some specialty cocktails as well. We had the opportunity to try their signature cocktail, the Sweet Nightingale, made with Hendricks Amazonia, Passion Fruit, Rosemary, and Mint for $20.
The cocktail was served in an adorable glass bird (aka a nightingale).
The passion fruit gave the cocktail a nice sweetness and it tempered the bite of the gin. Just about everyone is likely to enjoy this, and we found it amusing to drink out of a bird, too!
Now the question is, should you visit this spot on the Disney Wish?
Nosh or Not?
Fly to to Nightingale’s if…
- You’re looking for an adults-only space. This lounge is available exclusively to adults, so whether you’re looking for some time away from your kids (send them to the Disney’s Oceaneer Club!) or you prefer to spend your time in adults-only spaces, this would be a great spot for you!
- You enjoy unique cocktails and extensive wine lists. The menu is full of wine and cocktails and who doesn’t want to drink out of a BIRD GLASS? We’d probably visit just to do that again!
- You love live entertainment! Nightingale’s will feature live piano entertainment at certain times, so sit back, relax, sip on your drink, and listen to the live music!
Fly away from Nightingale’s if…
- You’re looking for family-friendly spaces. Whether you prefer to be with your kids or spend most of your time in spaces where the whole family can hang out, this isn’t it.
- You don’t care for “just drinks.” If you’re more interested in getting food with your drinks, you can stop by a variety of other locations around the Disney Wish!
- Live music isn’t your thing. Live entertainment can create a louder, more lively atmosphere, so you might want to skip it if you prefer to have one-on-one conversations in more quiet spaces.
If you’re looking for an adults-only spot to grab a drink, you might enjoy giving this a try! We enjoyed our cocktail (and especially the unique bird glass!), so we can’t wait to check it out again when there’s live music.
We’ll be bringing you our thoughts from more of the dining experiences available onboard the Disney Wish cruise ship, so make sure to stay tuned to DFB for those reviews!
What do you think of this Cinderella-themed piano bar on the Disney Wish? Let us know in the comments!
Disclosure: In nearly all circumstances, Disney Food Blog writers and photographers pay full price for their own travel, hotel, food, beverage, and event tickets. We do this because it’s important to us as journalists to ensure not only that we give you unbiased opinions, but also that you can trust us to do so since we’re paying our own way. On rare occasions, when we are invited by a company to attend a preview as media, and when we choose to accept that invitation, we will always make you, our readers, aware of that situation. Today, we were invited by Disney World to attend their media preview of The Disney Wish Cruise Ship. Note that when we attend events as media we are 1) Not required to review that event/food on any of our channels, and 2) Not required to review that event/food favorably. You can always count on DFB to give you a 100% unbiased and honest review of any event that we attend, food that we eat, or beverage that we drink.You can see more in our Disclosure Policy. Thank you for reading. — AJ
The post REVIEW: We Drank Out of a BIRD on Disney’s New Cruise Ship — The Wish first appeared on the disney food blog.