Disney’s Hollywood Studios has seen some massive menu CHANGES recently, and more are on the way!
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater got a menu overhaul not too long ago, and we brought you along with us as we tried the new menu items over at 50’s Prime Time Cafe. We’ve also seen new treats arrive in the park, including a coffee we had waited forever for. And we’ve shared how buffets will soon return to Hollywood & Vine, but there’s yet ANOTHER change coming to a Hollywood Studios restaurant soon!
Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano in Disney’s Hollywood Studios is the next spot to get a menu overhaul in this park. Starting in late June, NEW menu items inspired by classic Italian cuisine will debut at the restaurant.
Let’s go through the new items!
In terms of new appetizers, Mama Melrose’s will see the addition of a Fried Fresh Mozzarella item, which will be served with marinara sauce, ricotta salata, and lemon oil.
In terms of entrees, Mama Melrose’s will see a few changes including:
- NEW Grilled Bone-in Pork Chop, served with creamy polenta, roasted tomatoes, mustard vincotto, and charred broccolini
- An enhanced version of Mama’s Italian Pasta (right now the item is made with Spaghetti tossed with Roasted Garlic, Tomato, fresh Basil, and Asiago-Herb Crostini; Disney hasn’t yet specified what the changes will be)
- An enhanced version of the Sustainable Fish dish (right now the fish is served with with Pappardelle Pasta tossed with Puttanesca Sauce and Grilled Asparagus; Disney hasn’t yet explicitly stated what the changes or “enhancements” will be)
And, finally, for dessert there will be several new options including:
- The Mini Cannoli Trio
- Colors of Italy Cheesecake
- Mama’s Cookies To Go
- Blueberry Frangipane Tart
We last reviewed Mama Melrose’s in April of 2022. During that visit, just as in some past visits, the food items were hit or miss. The chicken parm was good and so was the Italian meatball, but we didn’t love the chicken in our Italian Pasta, and the minestrone soup was just alright. The tiramisu, however, was spectacular!
We’ll be curious to see whether these changes/additions to the menu will truly astound us with fantastic flavors or miss the mark. We’ll have to try some to find out!
If you’re interested in learning about the other menu changes and food news from Disney World, click here to see full details about some of the price increases and new prix fixe menus that have hit Disney World restaurants recently. You can also click here to see the full menu that has been revealed for the return of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue in Disney World, or click here to see what menu item has been REMOVED from Disney World due to supply shortages.
As always, stay tuned to DFB for more Disney food news!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you a fan of Mama Melrose’s? Tell us in the comments!
The post NEWS: Menu CHANGES Coming to Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano in Disney World first appeared on the disney food blog.