We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, June 29, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Disney is set to reveal more details about Tiana’s new look and the “Princess and the Frog”-themed Splash Mountain overlay at the Essence Festival of Culture in New Orleans.
- Imagineer Zach Riddley shared a look at the custom-made floor tiles created for the Dreamers Point in World Celebration.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The previously-revealed Star Wars Launch Bay character greetings have been removed from the Lightning Lane roster.
- Spooky new Haunted Mansion apparel has materialized at the Magic Kingdom!
- A shimmering $500 50th Anniversary ear hat is now available at Walt Disney World.
- Watch out for thunder, a new limited edition “Thor: Love and Thunder” MagicBand has arrived!
Other Walt Disney World News
- A Florida man was arrested for posing as a Cast Member and stealing a $10,000 R2-D2 droid in an attempt to become a Walt Disney World Security Cast Member.
- Two new villain characters to appear at this year’s Oogie Boogie Bash were teased today on Twitter.
- Sturdier versions of the commonly-pilfered Oga’s Cantina coasters are now on sale on Batuu.
- Former pro-wrestler Joey Ryan was employed by Disneyland earlier this year for three months in spite of his sexual harassment allegations.
- New designs for Disneyland’s paper tickets have been revealed, this time depicting characters such as Mickey Mouse, Spider-Man, and Mrs. Incredible.
- Following its refurbishment, Seaside Souvenirs has reopened at Disney California Adventure.
- The decorative suns have been removed from the exterior of Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
Disney Cruise Line
- The Disney Wish’s christening was broadcast live this morning.
- Present at the christening were CEO Bob Chapek, Josh D’Amaro, Anika Noni Rose, and several Make-A-Wish children.
- We also got our first real look into the Worlds of Marvel restaurant and Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge aboard the ship.
- Also in the Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge is a new $5000 cocktail called the Kaiburr Crystal, served in a Camtono.
Entertainment & Media
- The new special “Say it with Pride: Disney+ Celebrates Pride 365” is set to debut on the Disney+ YouTube and Facebook pages tomorrow.
- In an on-air flub, Howard Stern seemingly confirmed his role in the upcoming “Doctor Doom” project.
The Walt Disney Company
- Bob Iger is set to pen another book, this time about leadership in “unprecedented times”, which he expects to publish in 2024.
WDW News Today
Disney World May Require Reservations for Park Hopping, Brightline Train Station Canceled – NewsToday 6/29
1994 – The Nautilus Docks at Disneyland Paris, Fantasyland Expansion – Timekeeping DLP #11
We’re Looking Back at the Disney Classic “The Princess Diaries” – Deep in the Plus
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post Florida Man Poses as Walt Disney World Security and Steals R2-D2 Droid to Try and Earn Job, Two New Villains Teased for Oogie Boogie Bash, $5000 Star Wars Cocktail, & More: Daily Recap (6/29/22) appeared first on WDW News Today.