We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, April 13, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- International guests have resorted to begging for tickets and park pass reservations outside the Magic Kingdom after being turned away.
- Easter is only days away, and just in time, Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny have arrived for their annual appearance at the Magic Kingdom!
- Disney Vacation Club Members can register for previews of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT beginning tomorrow, April 14 at 9 a.m. EST.
- With Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind and Connections Café and Eatery about to open, the construction focus at EPCOT seems to be shifting to Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana.”
- Just in time for warmer weather, Salt & Straw is expected to be ready to make Disney Springs even cooler next week!
- Just over a month after welcoming its first guests, bus service between Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser and Disney Springs has ended.
- Customizers rejoice! After being closed for almost two years, the Create Your Own Treat station has finally reopened at Goofy’s Candy Co. in Disney Springs.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Thanks to Dan (Danlb_2000 of the WDWMagic forums), we have a look at the layout for the new DVC building coming to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to extend the requirement for passengers to use face masks on public transportation, according to the Associated Press.
- Active and retired US Military members can now purchase new promotional tickets that include the Disney Genie+ service.
- As the Disneyland Resort prepares to welcome back non-distanced character meet and greets next week, guests using Disney Genie+ won’t be able to book reservations for character greetings using the service.
- Disneyland visitors can now meet Mr. Easter Bunny on Main Street, U.S.A, at Disneyland Park!
- The Library of Congress announced today that the original recording of the iconic “it’s a small world” song would be preserved in the National Recording Registry.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Japan’s All-Nippon News Network shared a story about shoppers rushing to the gate at Tokyo DisneySea more than five hours before the park opened. Many of the shoppers are believed to be resellers, and some are accused of using baby dolls to get around the limit of one per item.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line has released new safety guidelines for cruises departing and arriving from European ports.
- A third interactive banshee hatchling toy is now available in Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Graduation season is almost upon us, and Stitch is ready for the occasion on a brand new Pandora charm now available at Walt Disney World!
- Hurry, hurry, hurry! One of Fantasyland’s most iconic and colorful attractions has finally gotten the Loungefly treatment at Walt Disney World!
- Sleeping Beauty herself, Princess Aurora, is the newest Disney Designer Collection doll available at Disneyland Resort.
- Two new Peter Pan play sets have sailed into Disneyland Resort, including Captain Hook’s ship and a Role Play set.
- A new windbreaker featuring the one and only Mickey Mouse is now available at Disneyland Resort.
Entertainment and Media
- The once-Sorcerer Supreme is due for a reckoning in the latest promo for Marvel Studios’ “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.”
- The Broadway production of Aladdin took time to remember the late Gilbert Gottfried, who passed away yesterday, at the curtain call of Tuesday night’s performance.
- As Earth Month continues, National Geographic is now offering up a new bundle that offers a Disney+ subscription!
The Walt Disney Company
- The Disney Parks continue to move on from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, though in terms of profit, there’s still a long way to go until full recovery.
WDW News Today
Guests Beg for Tickets & Reservations at Disney World, Harmonious Causes Fire at EPCOT
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post International Guests Beg for Park Reservation and Tickets, Disney Vacation Club Permits Reveal Layout for New, Modern DVC Building and Pool at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, and More: Daily Recap (4/13/22) appeared first on WDW News Today.