We’ve been hard at work scoping out all the latest news for you this week. Today we have all the details on what’s happening that affects the Disney Parks, hotels, and MORE!
See all of our coverage on Disney park closures and reopenings HERE. We still have a LOT to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in… .
All the News From the Disney Parks
- Find out when the Monorail and Skyliner will reopen (note — it’s earlier than you think!). <— TRANSPORTATION NEWS
- Disney World’s theme park dining reservations are now open for select guests. <— DINING RESERVATION NEWS
- Temperature screening tents are popping up at the Disney World theme parks.
- Everything you need to know about the Disney World Annual Passholder previews.
- Disney World experience reservations reopened for some guests.
- We asked our readers: is it too soon to reopen Disney World? Here’s what they said!
- Here are the options if you have a Park Hopper ticket for Disney World.
- Here’s why you can’t buy Disney World park tickets for 2020 right now.
- Disney cancels the Disney College Program until further notice.
- A new hotel is now open in Disney World. <— NEW HOTEL NEWS
- Disneyland’s Downtown Disney is reopening July 9th with outdoor dining.
- Disney World charged Annual Passholders four months of payments this week.
- The Actors’ Equity Association rejected Disney World’s safety plan.
- Movie theaters and restaurants are closing back down in California.
- We shared 6 tips for staying in a Disney World hotel right now.
- Here are 5 things that are still exactly the same at Disney World right now.
- Check out the huge blue fence that is up at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
- Take a look at these fun Disney x NBA player mash-ups.
- Here’s how to make the most of your Disney trip with no park hopping.
- Disneyland cast members are being invited to a preview in Downtown Disney.
- Check out how you can still celebrate Halloween at Disney World this year.
- Construction is starting again at Disneyland Paris on several projects.
- Check out the ‘welcome home’ video for Disney World cast members.
- How many rides can you rid when Disney World reopens?
- Could Disney World ever close down again?
- Epcot’s Test Track cast members have returned to work.
- Check out the construction happening on The Cove Hotel at Disney World.
- Here are 5 things you can’t do at Disney World.
- The lululemon sign is now up in Disney Springs.
- Disney World is setting up practice courts for the NBA.
- We know the release date for the new Phineas and Ferb movie on Disney+.
- Orlando International Airport now has PPE vending machines.
- Check out the new Swan and Dolphin Annual Passholder discount. <– Save $$$
- Take a virtual ride on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
- Here are 9 questions you should always ask on a Disney World vacation.
- How is Disney World breaking the theme park reopening mold?
- Check out this fun Disney-themed NBA artwork.
- Disney World is testing out its ferryboats!
- PHOTOS: Disney World’s BoardWalk area Speedway has reopened.
- PHOTOS: Fantasia Gardens mini golf has reopened.
- The Four Seasons Hotel Orlando has reopened with new safety measures.
- Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea have reopened. And the app has an English language version.
- Adventures by Disney has extended its cancellation policy through September.
- Tickets are on sale for Cirque du Soleil’s ‘Drawn to Life’ in Disney Springs. But, Cirque du Soleil has filed for bankruptcy.
- Face masks are now required in Anaheim, California.
- PHOTOS: We stumbled across an abandoned-looking arcade at Disney World.
- MLS players have started to arrive at Disney World.
- New York and New Jersey have added California to their travel advisories.
- Disney+ is starting a new summer movie series.
- Travelers from the United States cannot enter the European Union.
- The Swan and Dolphin resorts will remain closed this month.
- AMC theaters delay their reopening.
- Broadway will remain closed until January 2021.
- Will the NBA at Disney World impact your trip?
- Analysts say a vaccine will be necessary for Disney World to return to normal.
- Check out the Disney Park Pass survey being sent to guests. And there’s another hotel survey too!
- Disney Vacation Club Moonlight Magic events canceled.
- Here are some souvenirs you’ll only find at Disney World.
DFB Reviews and Food News
- We found a festive Fourth of July cupcake at Disney World.
- We reviewed the Fourth of July Blondie Pop at Disney World.
- Another character meal is returning to Disney World.
- Oga’s Cantina is reopening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. <— PLANNING NEWS
- Check out the 25 international snacks we wish would come to Disney World!
- One of our favorite Disney snacks has vanished from the Magic Kingdom.
- The Uncle Slam cocktail was back on the menu for the Fourth of July.
- There’s a new Crab Guacamole on the menu in Disney Springs.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes has announced a reopening date.
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC has updated it hours.
- Two Disney Springs restaurants are offering cast members a discount.
- Check out the special Fourth of July cupcake at Sprinkles.
- We reviewed the new fried fish sandwich at Wine Bar George.
- We checked out the new Guava Passionfruit drink at Starbucks.
- Disney World’s McDonald’s has reopened and it’s solar powered. <— Check it OUT!
- Two Disney Springs restaurants are laying off employees.
- Two of our favorite floats have vanished from the menus at Disney World.
- Is this $350 dinner worth it at Disney World?
- We know where Gideon’s Bakehouse will be located in Disney Springs. <– NEWS!
- We reviewed House of Blues in Disney Springs.
- Check out our review of Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- We checked out the new Champagne Margarita in Disney Springs.
- Check out all the cupcakes coming to Sprinkles this month.
- Brunch is returning to Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’.
- Shanghai Disneyland makes Dole its official fruit sponsor.
- You’ve gotta check out our cute NEW DFB face masks! <— NEW DFB FACE MASKS!!
- Check out this cute Toy Story alien dress we spotted.
- There’s a new Donald Duck collection coming soon from HARVEYS.
- Check out all the new Loungefly bags and wallets.
- We spotted some new stroller organizers at Disney Springs.
- Check out the new tiki Mickey Mouse plush that’s coming soon.
- The Toy Story Wishables are back in stock!
- Check out the Disney Villains Clue game.
- We found some new meme tees in Disney Springs.
- Check out this fun new T-shirt we found in Disney Springs.
- We found a new Haunted Mansion puzzle set in Disney Springs.
- Find out what Splash Mountain merchandise was flying off the shelves.
- Check out the Aulani gear now available online.
- We spotted some new Disney merchandise in the Coca-Cola Store in Disney Springs.
- Check out this new Mary Poppins mug.
- These new Disney meme mugs just aren’t that funny.
- Check out this new Lilo & Stitch cooler.
- shopDisney is having a huge sale on Dooney & Bourke purses.
NEW DFB YouTube Videos
- 10 Tips for Wearing a Mask in Disney World Right Now
- The Weirdest Things We’ve Found in Disney World
- Explaining Disney World’s Biggest Changes
- The Latest Disney Parks News
The Disney Park Closures — Everything You Need to Know
- Here’s what we know about the closures and and travel to Disney World and Disneyland. <—IMPORTANT READ!
- Disney World and Disneyland closure questions answered. <–ALL FAQs ANSWERED
- A step-by-step guide to canceling, refunding, or rescheduling your Disney vacation.
- What is open and what is closed at Disney World.
- Should you cancel your Disney World vacation? <—IMPORTANT READ!
- 5 critical points in the new Federal guidelines that could affect Disney World and Disneyland.
New DFB Video — Explaining Disney World’s Biggest Changes
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got FOUR brand new videos EVERY WEEK showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video: Explaining Disney World’s Biggest Changes — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: Order the 2020 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining for 25% off
It’s time to order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2020 e-book!
With over 700 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started!
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full to overflowing with tools and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
You can order your copy today for 25% off the cover price! Just use code WDW2020!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix shared this super cute Mike Wazowski Wristlet.
WDW for Grownups shared a review of Sunshine Tree Terrace.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for the Grey Stuff.
Disney Family shared a recipe for Mickey Strawberry Shortcake.