Walt Disney World has just announced its reopening plan after 2 plus months of closure due to the Coronavirus pandemic. This plan is currently a proposal, and must be approved by several layers of Florida government, but is expected to do so quickly. The opening plan is a bit complex and has several steps before being “open” for business.
- Advanced reservations will be required to enter the parks
- Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom: July 11, 2020
- Epcot and Hollywood Studios: July 15, 2020
- Cast Previews and Soft openings will be made available before July 11.
While Walt Disney World is scheduled to reopen, don’t expect the parks to be like they were before the closure. Many requirements will be made of park guests, and many changes will be made to the parks and attractions.
- Capacity at theme parks, Disney resorts and restaurants will be limited.
- Face masks will be required for all guests and castmembers
- Parades, fireworks, play areas and character experiences will not be available initially
It appears as though all Disney resort reservations prior to July 11 will be canceled by Disney. If you are interested in visiting Walt Disney World, please contact us here at Mouseketrips for a free quote on your Disney vacation.