This holiday season, Cast Members at the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, as well as retirees, will receive complimentary access to Disney PhotoPass Lenses, a relatively new feature on the My Disney Experience app. The feature is available through mobile devices.
Complimentary access will be available now through New Year’s Day.
The various AR filters, which until recently, have only been available to guests who purchase the Disney Genie+ service, allow guests – through the use of filters – to put themselves in various scenes from around the park.
Some filters are available to use anywhere, while others require the person to be in specific locations. Some filters include the Haunted Mansion, “Lady and the Tramp” famous spaghetti eating scene, theme park snacks, and more. Some filters are unique to each park.
Last month, the Disney PhotoPass Lenses were introduced at the Disneyland Resort. Guests at the Walt Disney World Resort had access to this feature as of last year.
Generally, the way you can access the Disney PhotoPass Lenses feature is:
Step 1: Upon entering a park, open the My Disney Experience app and tap on the “More” menu at the bottom of the home screen.
Step 2: Tap on “Disney PhotoPass Lenses” to find a special AR (augmented reality) camera, which will give you access to the Lenses. Please note: You will need to allow access to your device’s camera and location.
Check out our other stories on the Disney PhotoPass Lenses, including available filters:
- PHOTOS: Cinderella Castle Genie+ PhotoPass AR Lens Debuts With 25th Anniversary Castle Cake, Construction, and Classic Style Filters
- PHOTOS, VIDEOS: Exploring More PhotoPass AR Lens Options for Walt Disney World Park Guests
- PHOTOS: More Walt Disney World AR Lenses Launch Via Genie+ and Snapchat
- PhotoPass Lenses Now Available With Disney Genie+ at Disneyland Resort
- See All Genie+ PhotoPass Lenses Available at Disneyland Resort
Have you tried out these filters yet? If so, let us know which one is your favorite in the comments below.