Disney has just announced the full list of gingerbread displays along with their respective menus and opening dates. New additions to the Jambo House lobby display are coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, and we hear that there might be a life-sized baby zebra. Guests can plan on seeing the Frozen gingerbread display at Disney’s Contemporary Resort as well as the classic and grand display at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
We’ll begin with details from the most notable house of them all – the gingerbread house at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Beginning November 9, guests will be able to see (and smell!!) clouds of cinnamon billowing out of the chimney of this life-sized storybook gingerbread house made from a classic Austrian recipe. The entire house is trimmed with white chocolate, candy canes, edible snowflakes, sugar poinsettias, and includes 25 hidden Mickeys. Along the porches, you’ll find an 85-pound chocolate Santa, nutcrackers, toy soldiers, and snowmen that have all been hand-painted by the Grand Floridian Bakery team.
As the 50th Anniversary celebration at Walt Disney World Resort continues, this year’s displays will feature colors and accents inspired by the signature EARidescent look. Guests will be able to purchase limited edition pins, mugs, holiday ornaments, and treats. Some of the goodies you can purchase from the Gingerbread House include:
- Freshly baked, homemade items, such as Gingerbread Mickeys and Shingles, Stollen Bread, Brownie Christmas Tree, and Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- House-made Gingerbread Ornaments and Gingerbread Houses
- New items like the Gingerbread Latte Whoopie Pie and Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Assorted Gingerbread Cookie Bags, Marshmallow Pops, and Caramel Pecan Fudge Bar
- Gluten-friendly, plant-based, and no sugar added treats
- Grand Floridian Combo Box featuring assorted fan favorite treats, including the Chocolate Mickey Ornament, exclusive to the Combo Box
On November 23, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge will be home to a wild display – a Life-sized Baby Gingerbread Giraffe and Baby Zebra. This year continues the new tradition that started last year with a life-sized baby giraffe. In addition to this gingerbread guest, there will be a new animal grazing in the lobby. You’ll soon be able to see an adorable life-sized baby zebra – made of gingerbread, of course. Starting December 6, you can even purchase a Gingeraffe Cookie to enjoy!
Over in the lobby of Disney’s Beach Club Resort, a holiday classic has returned. Since 1999, this resort has been home to the life-sized carousel. This carousel and its horses are masterfully created with chocolate, sugar, and fondant along with hand-painted characters and hand-crafted gingerbread shingles and snowflakes decorating the display that actually spins like a real carousel. What makes this year even more special is that all the horses celebrate a different Disney princess. Commemorate your holiday viewing with limited edition pins, mugs, holiday ornaments, and treats including:
- Signature Stollen Bread
- Candied Pecans (Plant-based)
- Trio of Fudge
- Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Snowman
- Crispy Rice Treat
- Chocolate Mickey Cookie (New)
- Peppermint Bark
- Gingerbread Shingle
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie (Gluten-Friendly)
- Gingerbread Cookie (Gluten-Friendly)
The gingerbread display at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn will be returning on November 17. This gingerbread creation is a miniature, edible version of the BoardWalk Deli. Before leaving, be sure to check out some of the treats you can take home with you, like:
- Mickey and Minnie Sugar Cookies
- BoardWalk Mickey Sugar Cookie (New)
- Giant Gingerbread Mickey Cookie (New)
- Gluten-Friendly & Plant-based Gingerbread Mickey Cookie
- Artisan Peppermint Marshmallows (New)
- Carnival Bark (New)
- Gingerbread Frost Cocktail
This year is very exciting for Disney’s Contemporary Resort because its display is back. This is the 11th year that the Contemporary Bakery team has created a masterpiece so how appropriate that it will open on November 11 at 11:00 a.m. The 50th Anniversary Themed Castle Display is a Mary Blair-inspired castle designed by Walt Disney Imagineers and will feature a brand-new 50th anniversary overlay… and 11 hidden 5-legged goats. Don’t forget to check out the limited-edition pins, mugs, and holiday ornaments to remember the season. There are also plenty of treats you can get, including:
- 50th Anniversary Gingerbread Castle Brick (New)
- Family Tradition Cookie Box featuring a Coconut Macaroon from Chef Jeff’s family, a Sugar Cookie from Chef Kelly’s family, a Butterball from Chef Amber’s family, and a Kitchen Sink Cookie representing all the Cast in the Bakery coming together to bring this display back! (New)
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookie
- Linzer Cookie
- Gluten-friendly 5-Legged Goat Sugar Cookie (New)
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Holiday Bar (New)
- Hot Cocoa Bombs (New)
- Frozen drinks with optional alcohol floaters:
- Frozen Coquito with a rum floater
- Frozen Hot Chocolate with peppermint schnapps
- Frozen Apple Cider with a fireball floater
In addition, several resorts will feature a new Gingerbread Martini with Absolut Elyx Vodka, Rumchata Cream Liqueur, and gingerbread spice featuring a rim of gingerbread, freshly baked in the Resort Bakery. It’s the perfect blend of sugar, spice, and everything nice. You can find this new holiday beverage at Grand Floridian Café, Cítricos, and Enchanted Rose at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Boma: Flavors of Africa and Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Chef Mickey’s and Outer Rim at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and dinner at Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.
Returning this year to select Walt Disney World Resorts with exclusive gingerbread merchandise, are pin signings with some of the Disney pastry chefs. Dates and times will vary by resort.
Moving over to theme parks, The American Adventure at EPCOT also has a display that will be available beginning November 25. This unique display recreates some classic monuments in America and EPCOT with gingerbread versions of the Lincoln Memorial, Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, The American Adventure building with Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue, and a Festival Kiosk.
The gingerbread displays are not just found on land – they’re also taking to the high seas with the Disney Cruise Line fleet. All five Disney cruise ships will continue the yearly tradition of having the talented pastry teams onboard build a unique display for the ships in their atriums. The brand-new Disney Wish will join in on the legacy for its inaugural holiday season with an 8-foot-tall, eight-layer masterpiece. Each gingerbread house is unique for the individual ship and the teams participate in a competition to see which member of the fleet has the best house.