We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, November 22.
Walt Disney World
- Read our November 17 photo report featuring “Mickey’s Christmas Carol” window displays.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2022 is sold out.
- Guests visiting Walt Disney World from December 23 through December 31, 2022, will be able to see “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade,” twice daily.
- Tokyo Dining is now closed for a major refurbishment. Takumi-Tei will reopen soon.
- Disney has announced a new Points of Light show will debut on Spaceship Earth for the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays.
- As the iconic purple road signs are slowly phased out across Walt Disney World in favor of the new blue look, we spotted yet another replacement today, this time near EPCOT.
- EPCOT’s Living with the Land is living its best life as decorations sprouted up throughout the attraction for the new Living with the Land — Glimmering Greenhouses overlay.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Holiday sound effects are starting to be turned on at Fab 50 statues at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The cast of “Festival of the Lion King” thanked Elton John before his final North American concert.
- Walt Disney World has new hand sanitizer holders featuring characters from “Tangled,” “Hercules, “Coco,” and “Toy Story,” plus a Cinderella Castle holder.
- Sail away with Mickey and friends using this new “Steamboat Willie” Loungefly mini backpack and matching wallet from Walt Disney World.
- If you’re Team Wakanda Forever or Team Forever in Blue Jeans, these new Ear Headbands are a must-have.
- Life Day was on November 17, but merchandise for the “Star Wars” holiday is still rolling into Walt Disney World.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is dressed for the holidays complete with its massive six-story tree!
- There’s also decor up at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort.
- The prices for Disney Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane access at select attractions have seen dramatic increases today at Walt Disney World.
- Recently, a patent, which Disney submitted on May 17, 2021, was published. This patent is for a new park ride system entitled “PARK RIDE WITH DROP SWING PROPULSION.”
- The first discount has been released for the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, available to Disney Vacation Club Members.
- Mele Kalikimaka! The Holiday DOLE Whip has returned.
- Get some Holiday Snack Molecules in Avengers Campus.
- The holiday menu at Refreshment Corner includes Butterscotch Soda and the Caramel-Pecan Cream Cheese Pretzel.
- We reviewed the Seasonal Braised Beef Poutine from Lamplight Lounge.
- We also visited Red Rose Taverne to try the Holiday Flatbread.
- Peppermint Bark Pudding, a Holiday Sandwich, and Chicken Tortilla Soup are available at Pacific Wharf Café.
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill is getting in on the Festival of Holidays fun with bread pudding and holiday ponche.
- If you have an appetite like old Saint Nick, visit the Treats for Santa Cart during the Festival of Holidays.
- Guests can catch the “Magical Snowfall” at Sleeping Beauty Castle and on Main Street, U.S.A. nightly at Disneyland Park.
- The “Wintertime Enchantment” light show on Sleeping Beauty Castle has returned to Disneyland Park for the 2022 holiday season.
- A new Disney Vacation Club merchandise collection is now available in Acorn Goods and Gifts at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
- A new set of complimentary postcards are available to Magic Key holders at Magic Key Terrace in Disney California Adventure.
- Two fan-favorite events will be returning to the Disneyland Resort starting in January 2023 – the Lunar New Year Celebration and Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival.
- The Pacific Wharf Cappucino Cart is your connection for a seasonal horchata during the Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure.
- Around Disney California Adventure, the outdoor vending carts are serving up seasonal treats, including Gingerbread Cake, Bean & Cheese Pupusa, and Calidad Spiked Sparkling Agua Fresca.
- A new Vanilla Pear Honey Lemonade is joining the returning Holiday Cake and Gingerbread Bundt Cake at Plaza Inn for the holidays at Disneyland.
- If you’re looking for a full festive feast, Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe at Disneyland is where you want to be.
- While visiting the Disneyland Resort, we came across some nifty new MagicBand+ designs.
- ¡Viva Navidad! at Paradise Garden Grill is boasting an almost entirely new menu for the 2022 Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure.
- As an extra delicious treat during the 2023 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, Disney is bringing back Soarin’ Over California for a limited time.
- Gibson Girl is selling the classic Peppermint Holiday Sundae once again, but this year, new Cinnamon Brown Sugar Ice Cream is also available.
- At Disneyland Park, the Mickey & Friends Christmas Cavalcade entertains guests periodically throughout the day.
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel has rolled out some delicious holiday treats at the GCH Holiday Cart and GCH Craftsman Grill, so naturally we headed down to try them all!
- The Haunted Mansion-inspired Bride Churro is back for the holidays at Disneyland.
- Christmastime has come at Disneyland Resort, and guests arriving at Downtown Disney District are finally being greeted with a Christmas tree!
- Once again, we’re checking in to see how the transformation of Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel into Disney’s Pixar Place Hotel is progressing.
- A new holiday Dooney & Bourke handbag featuring Mickey Mouse is available at Disneyland Resort.
- The latest series of Mickey Mouse: The Main Attraction is inspired by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- Several new MagicBand+ designs have arrived at Disneyland Resort since the new service debuted a few weeks ago.
- Today we found this holiday themed Disney Vacation Club Tervis tumbler!
Disney Cruise Line
- The Disney Fantasy assisted in a search and rescue near Little Torch Key, Florida.
Entertainment and Media
- A new trailer has been released for the upcoming “Avatar: The Way of Water.”
- A group of YouTube TV subscribers has filed an antitrust lawsuit against The Walt Disney Company alleging they force consumers to pay more than they should for live-streamed TV online.
The Walt Disney Company
- The nightmare is finally over: Bob Chapek has been fired as CEO of the Walt Disney Company, and former Disney CEO Bob Iger is returning to Disney in that role.
- The Walt Disney Company has released a statement following the news that Bob Chapek has been fired and Bob Iger will return as CEO.
- As the markets opened up, Disney stock [$DIS] soared as investors and fans alike cheered Iger’s unexpected return.
- According to a report on CNBC, The Walt Disney Board was in discussions with Bob Iger on Friday evening about coming back as CEO.
- Given the fact that now former Disney CEO Bob Chapek signed a new three-year contract, it comes as no surprise that he could be in line for a multi-million dollar payout.
- As the entertainment world continues to reel from the boardroom drama that saw Bob Chapek fired late Sunday night (and the just as unexpected return of his predecessor Bob Iger), more details are emerging about the behind-the-scenes drama that led to the decision of the board of directors.
- Returning Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger is not slowing down as another senior executive has just been announced to “step down” from the company.
- Disney executives Dana Walden or Josh D’Amaro may start being prepared to be the successor to Iger.
- Returning Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger stands to earn up to $27 million in each of the two years he is under contract to lead the Walt Disney Company.
- Now that Bob Iger is back in the CEO chair, speculation is back that he could cement his legacy with a sale to Apple.
WDW News Today
We’re hiring a graphic designer/video editor!
ROOM TOUR: Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay, Tokyo Disney Resort – Ocean Dream Two Double Bed Room
Storybook Land Decorated for the Holidays at Disneyland Decorated – 2022
IT HAPPENED! Bob Chapek Out as CEO, Bob Iger In – NewsToday 11/21
Bob Chapek Fired, Bob Iger Returning, and ‘The Muppet Christmas Carol’ 30th Anniversary! – Disney Entertainment News Today 11/22
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post Details on Bob Iger’s Return to Disney & Bob Chapek’s Firing, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Discounts for Disney Vacation Club, Genie+ Prices Hit New High, and More: Daily Recap (11/22/22) appeared first on WDW News Today.