To help alleviate crowds during 2022 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney will institute a virtual queue for merchandise.
The countdown is on to the start of the runDisney race season and as participants gear up for the 2022 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend powered by Shokz, we’re excited to share news of an exciting new enhancement coming to the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo! For the first time, we’re bringing the magic of virtual queues to attendees looking to purchase event weekend merchandise on the first day of the Expo. Now you’ll be able to spend more time enjoying your Expo experience and visiting with Expo vendors, all while waiting in line for merchandise, virtually.
Not familiar with the virtual queue system at Walt Disney World Resort? Have no fear, we’re sharing everything you need to know to navigate the race weekend shopping experience.
Joining the Virtual Queue
- Step 1: Open the My Disney Experience app and navigate to the Virtual Queues section on the Welcome Screen.
- Step 2: In this section, visit the tab labeled ESPN Wide World of Sports. Tap “Join Virtual Queue” on the My Queues screen and select the runDisney Merchandise Shop. Guests can request to join the virtual queue at 7:30 a.m. ET on November 3, 2022.
- Note: While the virtual queue will open at 7:30 a.m., additional availability may open throughout the day.
- Step 3: Select the number of Guests, up to six people total, in your shopping party. Tap “Join Virtual Queue” once more.
- Note: All members of your shopping party must be added to your My Disney Experience Friends & Family list prior to joining the virtual queue. Learn more about adding Friends & Family to your account here.
- Step 4: If spots remain in the virtual queue, you’ll see a confirmation screen with an estimated wait time. Note your estimated wait time will be based on an Expo opening time of 10am ET, so don’t be alarmed if your wait appears long!
- Step 5: You’ll receive a push notification directly to your mobile device when your group is ready to return. Once received, you’ll have one hour to arrive at the AdventHealth Arena at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex after you’ve been notified.
- Step 6: Once you arrive follow the signs to the check-in area and prepare to show the Cast Member the QR code you received along with your confirmation.
A few additional things to note:
- Gold and Platinum Club runDisney Members do not need to join the virtual queue to access their early shopping windows during the first day of the Expo.
- Guests can join the virtual queue from the comfort of their hotel room or home, within approximately 45 miles away from Walt Disney World property.
- Each Guest enrolled will receive a QR code to present for entry.
- The virtual queue is required for the runDisney Merchandise Shop on Thursday, November 3. Standby lines will not be available this day and all Guests must use the virtual queue to enter.
- Guests may hold boarding groups for both an attraction virtual queue and a virtual queue for other applicable experiences, like runDisney Merchandise Shop.
- Merchandise is subject to availability and inventory may sell out.