The nation’s premier Halloween event has risen from the dead and returned full force for the 2022 season at Universal Orlando. Halloween Horror Nights 31 is well underway at Universal Studios Florida, and we’ve got your full guide to the event. From ticket and tour details to full reviews on houses and scare zones, this is your ultimate guide to HHN 31.
The event runs from September 2 through October 31, 2021, on select nights. This year, for the first time, the event is open until 2:00a.m. every night.
- September: 2-4, 7-11, 15-18, 21-25, 28-30
- October: 1-2, 5-9, 12-16, 19-23, 26-31
Tickets are available online and at the gate, but we recommend buying tickets ahead of time as most event nights have been selling out.
Single-night tickets start at $73.99. Annual Passholders are eligible for discounts.
- Rush of Fear Pass: admission for the first 17 event nights – $129.99 or $429.99 with Express.
- Frequent Fear Pass: admission for 27 select event nights. – $179.99 or $509.99 with Express.
- Frequent Fear Plus Pass: admission for 36 select event nights. – $219.99 or $599.99 with Express.
- Ultimate Frequent Fear Pass: admission for every night of the event. $324.99 or $819.99 with Express.
Halloween Horror Nights Express Passes give you “skip the line” access for each house and participating attraction during the event. Access can only be used for each house or attraction once per night.
Single-night express starts at $109.99 or can be added to multi-night tickets as seen above.
R.I.P. Tours give you a tour guide and direct access to houses and shows. The tour includes the following:
- Priority V.I.P. entry to haunted houses and participating park attractions (once per house, based on itinerary) while on tour with the R.I.P. Guide. Tour inclusions are subject to itinerary and Houses toured are at the discretion of Universal Orlando Resort.
- Commemorative R.I.P. Tour credential, lanyard, and pin (one each per guest)
- Complimentary Valet Parking (one (1) vehicle based on availability and advance purchase)
- Pre-Tour Reception in Cafe La Bamba
- Access to exclusive cash bar locations (must be 21+ with valid photo ID to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages)
- Universal Express Unlimited ride access (with R.I.P. credential) at all participating rides & attractions for the date of their tour (valid upon check-in at VIP Experience lobby to be used before or after tour during normal event operating hours; excludes Halloween Horror Nights haunted houses)
- Reserved seating at select event show(s) during the tour
Regular R.I.P. tours combine your party and others, starting at $299.99 per person. A private R.I.P. tour gives your party of up to ten people the ability to have more freedom in choosing the itinerary and allows unlimited R.I.P. access to the haunted houses. Read our review of a private R.I.P. tour from 2021 for more information.
Unmasking the Horror: Behind the Screams Tours
Unmasking the Horror is a daytime tour of a selection of houses. It does not include admission to Halloween Horror Nights. Admission to Universal Studios Florida or Halloween Horror Nights is not required to attend an Unmasking the Horror tour.
There is a 3-house tour and a 6-house tour. The house lineup is not guaranteed but barring any unforeseen circumstances, the lineups are as follows:
3-House Tour – Starts at $79.99
- Spirits of the Coven
- Fiesta de Chupacabras
6-House Tour – Starts at $129.99
- Universal Monsters: Legends Collide
- Descendents of Destruction
- Bugs: Eaten Alive
- Horrors of Blumhouse: Freaky & Black Phone
- Dead Man’s Pier: Winter’s Wake
- Hellblock Horror
The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare house is not included in either tour.
Stay and Scream
Stay and Scream areas allow Annual Passholders or daytime guests to remain in designated locations inside the park after closing and have access to line up for houses before the event starts for the night. If you don’t have regular daytime admission, you can purchase a Scream Early ticket for $35, which grants you admission to Universal Studios Florida from 3:00p.m. until 5:00p.m., at which time you will enter a Stay and Scream area.
Signs will direct guests towards different Stay and Scream areas around Universal Studios Florida. Team Members will scan your valid Halloween Horror Nights ticket and allow you to enter the waiting area prior to the start of the event.
The Stay and Scream areas allow guests to line up early for haunted houses. Each Stay and Scream area allows access to different houses:
- Duff Gardens (Springfield, U.S.A.) – The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare & Universal Monsters: Legends Collide at 5:30p.m., Descendents of Destruction & Bugs: Eaten Alive at 5:45p.m.
- New York – Dead Man’s Pier: Winter’s Wake and Halloween.
- San Francisco – The Horrors of Blumhouse
- Production Central – Hellblock Horror
Hotel Guest Entrance
Guests staying at Universal Orlando Resort Hotels have an exclusive entrance to Halloween Horror Nights. We recommend taking advantage of this as the lines to enter the event can be very long. You’ll find signs directing you to the entrance, which is located by the former Blue Man Group building.
You will need to have your valid room key in order to use this entrance.
If you thought one Universal Monster was scary, how about three? Better summon your scream squad, ‘cause you’re about to get caught in the middle of an epic battle between The Wolf Man, Dracula, and The Mummy, together for the first time ever. Their mission: To find the amulet that will break their curse. And they’ll destroy anyone who gets in their way.
Prepare to enter the macabre mind of The Weeknd in this haunted house as he stalks your squad through the surreal nightmare of his After Hours music. A slasher carving a smile at an otherworldly rave. Bandaged maniacs performing extreme plastic surgery. A grotesque mannequin masquerade. His nightmare is now yours.
Step inside a new double-feature of Blumhouse horror. Your scream squad will find yourselves trapped between a frantic teen and the ruthless serial killer she’s swapped bodies within “Freaky.” Then, you’ll try to make a desperate escape from the dark basement of The Grabber before you become his latest victim in the terrifying “The Black Phone.”
While touring a 1950s home of the future, you’ll be surrounded by the slime of bugs everywhere as hordes of many-legged terrors descend upon you and your scream squad. You’ll be dropping like flies.
Gather your friends and visit Haddonfield, Illinois, where Michael Myers is about to don his mask and embark on his first brutal spree. Silent. Merciless. Relentless. He’s the embodiment of pure evil. You don’t want to go alone as you go back to where it all began. This year, step into the original 1978 horror classic, “Halloween.”
Enter a prison whose savage inmates are monstrous creatures. If they break free from their cells, it’s a death sentence for everyone.
Careful not to leave any of your scream squad behind as you descend the subway tunnels of a deserted New York. Lurking in the dark are hungry mutants looking to feast on the last remnants of humanity.
A coven of beautiful ﬂapper witches will lure you into their 1920s speakeasy, reveal their haggish true form and turn your scream squad into a witch’s brew. They’ll be cackling; you’ll be screaming.
Visit a Latin American village where the legend of the creature Chupacabras is celebrated with a colorful ﬁesta. And the streets are lined with the crimson blood of tourists like you and your amigos.
In a New England ﬁshing village, undead ﬁshermen emerge from the waves to seek their revenge. You and your scream squad may have escaped their hooks in the scare zone. Now they’ll reel you in and drag you under.
Halloween Horror Nights 31 features two shows, including “Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire,” a sequel to last year’s fan-favorite performance.
The show is loosely themed to a horror record with a follow-along picture book. Much of the show’s soundtrack was designed specifically for Ghoulish!, including the covers of recognizable songs.
UPDATE: At this time, Ghoulish! A Halloween Tale has been indefinitely canceled due to damages from Hurricane Ian.
The Scare Zones
On the first All Hallow’s Eve, an evil sorceress called forth monstrosities from dark dimensions. Now your blood will fuel them.
On All Hallow’s Eve, a dark storm descends upon a cemetery and awakens long-dead spirits. No one living can escape them.
At an abandoned farm, scarecrows have risen from the crust of the earth to hunt you and seek revenge. They’ll harvest your screams.
The sweets from Major Sweets’ candy company have turned children into crazed killers. This Halloween’s all trick, no treat, and total mayhem.
The Pumpkin Lord, the spirit of Halloween, has taken over this year’s event, summoning hordes of fiendish creatures. Terror has taken root.
Food & Beverage
Experience more personal, up-close interactions with Michael Myers, Kharis the Mummy, and more with the Scareactor Dining Experience during Halloween Horror Nights 2022. This add-on is $54.99 per person and includes food and Scareactor photo opportunities at Louie’s Italian Restaurant in Universal Studios Florida.
For Halloween Horror Nights 31, the Red Coconut Club at CityWalk has undergone a terrifying transformation into the Dead Coconut Club featuring the Universal Monsters.
- The Bleeding Eye
- The Haunted Isle
- The Java Island Beast
- Un-Tipsy Tiki
- African Lentil & Potato Sambusa Coffin
- Pepperoni Pizza Skulls
- Tombstone Red Velvet Cake Pop
- Lil’ Boo’s Spicy Pumpkin Bun
- Bog Slime 2: The Sequel
- Haunted Horseshoe
- Killer Stove Top Popcorn Custard
- Samhain Shocker
- Twisted Tater
- Fiery Twisted Tater with Queso
- Twisted Tater Blood N’ Guts
- No “Chance” in Hell PB&J
- Fried Twinkies
- Fried Oreos
- The Good Guy Burger
- Chili Lee Ray
- ”Wanna Play?” Beignet
- Dirty Valentine
- Chicharrones de Harina con Azucar y Canela
- Tamales de los Muertos
- Dia de Los Muertos Popcorn
- Roasted Sweet Potato & Mushroom Street Taco
- Mangonada Popsicle
- Burning Skull
- “Major Sweets” Ice Cream Sandwich
- Petrified Rat Tails
- Spicy Turkey and Squash Bun
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Punch
- Classic Pizza Fries
- Vegan Pizza Fries
- Sweet Potato S’mores Fries
- Revenge of the Circus Peanut
- Save Your Tears
- Garlic Philly Cheese “Stake”
- Mummy’s Curse Tablet Cookie
- Tinsel Town Terror
- Fried Zombie Brains
- Spicy Fried Chicken “Offals”
- Spoiled Angry Bear Meat
- Fresh Ground Princess
- Sour Beating Gummy Heart
- Bloody Mary
- Sacrificial Remains Mac ‘N Cheese Bowl
- Burnt Offering Mac ‘N Cheese Bowl
- Poison Snakebite
- Electric Death
- Ghoul Juice
- Carnitas Arepas
- Mozzarella Arepas
- Witches Spell Cauldron Stew
- Reuben Fries
- Classic Pizza Fries
- Churro Dog on a Stick
- Maggot Covered Cheese Dog
- Ghoul Juice
The Tribute Store offers a bakery case full of various spooky snacks. We sampled a selection.
- Lil’ Boo Pumpkin Bowl Cake – Red Velvet Cookies ‘n’ Cream
- Lil’ Boo Pumpkin Bowl Cake – Chocolate & Caramel
- Ghost S’mores Macaron
- Black Cat Chocolate Cookie Dough Ball
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle Cake
- Rose Eye Dark Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Knife Cake
- Chucky Killer Cake Pop
- Spirit Board Blackberry Cheesecake
- Jack-o’-Lantern Pumpkin Spice Mousse
- Witch’s Cauldron Brownie
- Petite Cookies and Scream Cake
Check out a full photo and video tour of the HHN 31 Tribute Store here.
Halloween Horror Nights 31 is happening at Universal Studios Florida now through October 31.
The post Full Guide (With Reviews) to Halloween Horror Nights 31 at Universal Orlando Resort appeared first on WDW News Today.