Disney recipes are some of our favorite things to come across and share.
Why? Because we get to learn how to make some delicious Disney eats and bring some magic into our homes, no matter how far we are from the parks. You can also use some of the recipes to make dinner for your family, impress your friends at your next dinner party, or just have a sweet treat for your next Disney movie night. On this episode, we’ve got the recipe for the delicious EPCOT Pretzel Bread Pudding to share with you!
The Pretzel Bread Pudding features pieces of jumbo pretzels and is topped with house-made vanilla sauce and caramel. This recipe is easier than it seems, and it makes 15-18 servings!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pretzel Bread Pudding
- 1 pound pretzel bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat egg and sugar in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Bring cream and 3/4 cup of milk to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Slowly add 1/3 of the simmering cream mixture to the eggs, whisking constantly to temper the eggs. Carefully pour back into the saucepan.
- Whisk cornstarch and the remaining 1/4 cup of milk together in a small bowl. Add to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Place a mesh strainer over a bowl. Pour sauce through the strainer and cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 7 days.
Pretzel Bread Pudding
- Tear or chop pretzel bread into large pieces. Place in a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs form.
- Whisk milk, heavy cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla paste, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add pretzel bread pieces. Cover and refrigerate for 4-12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 15 1/2 cup ramekins or muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Add 1/3 cup pretzel bread pudding mixture into each ramekin or muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until centers of pretzel bread puddings are firm.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the molds.
Remove vanilla sauce from the refrigerator. Heat in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until warm. Place warm pretzel bread puddings on small plates. Top each with 2-3 tablespoons vanilla sauce. Drizzle your store-bought caramel sauce on top.
You did it! Now you’ve got delicious pretzel bread pudding to share.
If you’re looking for more EPCOT recipes, we’ve got our top 10 favorite Food & Wine Festival recipes, as well as 10 festival recipes that NEED to be on your holiday table. And we don’t only recommend recipes to you all, we’ve tried many of them at home too! Stay tuned to DFB for all the latest Disney recipes.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Have you made any Disney recipes at home? Tell us all about them below!
The post Disney RECIPE: How to Make the Iconic EPCOT Pretzel Bread Pudding! first appeared on the disney food blog.