After launching in the My Disney Experience app last year, the Cast Compliment feature is now available in the Disneyland app. The Genie+ “When You Can Book” Lightning Lane banner has also been added.
The Cast Compliment feature can be found under the three-lined “hamburger” menu. It is listed near the bottom between “Property Rules” and “Link to Account.”
The Cast Compliment page has similar drop-down menus as the My Disney Experience version. Guests can choose to say “Thanks!” for one of the following things:
- Acknowledging our special occasion and creating a treasured memory
- Sharing great recommendations and unique insights
- Remembering us and making us feel special
- Going out of your way to make our day unforgettable
- Being great to talk to and incredibly friendly
- Making such a positive impact on my day
- Going out of your way to be caring, kind, and helpful
- Making the day magical for my child(ren)
- Creating a special magical moment for us that was the highlight of our trip
- Being so immersed in the theme that we felt we were part of the story
- Going above and beyond to resolve a situation or issue
- Making us feel included and accepted for who we are
- Keeping us safe while we enjoyed our day
- Being great at your job, as your skills helped us make the most of our day
- Doing your best to keep everything sparkling clean
The location menu gives you several location options. First, you can choose from Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park, Downtown Disney District, Disneyland Resort Hotels, and Transportation. You can then choose from more specific areas, such as the three hotels and the theme park lands. Finally, you can choose the Cast Member’s exact department, such as attractions, entertainment, or dining.
Note that there is no option to write in what exactly the Cast Member(s) did.
Further down is an optional section to put in the Cast Member’s first name, hometown, and the date of your interaction. This ensures the exact Cast Member you interacted with gets their compliment, and not just their entire department. If you can’t remember their name/hometown/date, however, you can leave these fields blank and still submit.
The “When You Can Book” banner now appears on the Disney Genie tip board page.
With Genie+, guests can book a Lightning Lane reservation every two hours, or after using their previous Lightning Lane reservation. The banner now lets guests know when they can book their next Lightning Lane reservation, so they don’t have to keep track of how much time has passed. If the “When You Can Book” banner reads “now,” you can book another Lightning Lane. If it says a time, then that is when you will be able to make another selection.
For more information on Genie+ and Lightning Lane, read our guide.
The post Cast Compliment Feature and ‘When You Can Book’ Lightning Lane Banner Added to Disneyland App appeared first on WDW News Today.