We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, July 14, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- New permits suggest a possible timeframe for the opening of the Play Pavilion in World Discovery.
- Today’s the kickoff of the 2022 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, which means we have A LOT to go through! First off, take a look at the festival passport for this year!
- Remy’s Hide and Squeak Scavenger Hunt returned to the Festival this year, we have full details!
- There’s also a new Chef Remy spork available at booths around EPCOT for the Festival.
- A special Beacon of Magic was announced this afternoon to debut tonight on Spaceship Earth.
- Lo and behold, the new Beacon of Magic is themed to “Be Our Guest”, appropriate for the Festival. And it’s in both French and English!
- It’s review time, and we have a ton of them! First up is The Fry Basket, which has an amazing new Fry Flight to try!
- Brew-Wing at the Odyssey Pavilion serves up some fairly mediocre wings unfortunately.
- Mexico’s offerings feature delicious new drinks and tostadas!
- Over at The Swanky Saucy Swine, you won’t be disappointed by the delicious pork shoulder lettuce wrap!
- Lots of delicious and spicy bites are ready to be devoured at the Kenya booth.
- Spain brings their sophisticated and unique offerings back to the Festival for another delicious year.
- A trip to the Land of the Rising Sun reveals the delicious offerings at the Japan booth, including a delightful takoyaki plate.
- Our first disappointment of the day was the Greece booth, whose gyro isn’t worth the Odyssey over there.
- Over at the Funnel Cake Kiosk, we tried a delicious but tiny Piña Colada Funnel Cake.
- Sadly the Crab Cake Slider at Hops and Barley wasn’t much better, with a bun and slaw that ruins an excellent crab cake.
- Brazil also fell flat today with a Feijoda dish that we just didn’t enjoy.
- Fortunately a trip to Belgium revealed the return of some past favorites balanced with an unremarkable (but not bad) chilled coffee with Godiva chocolate liqueur.
- When we made it over to Tangierine Cafe: Flavors of the Medina, we found a nice new Spicy Chermoula Chicken Kabob along with other returning favorites.
- France has a lot of new offerings this year, including escargot and crème brûlée which were both excellent!
- While Appleseed Orchard is still home to the delightful Apple Pie Shake, much of the offerings there were overly sweet or just not up to snuff.
- Who should step up to the plate this year but India with a delicious new chicken tikka masala and samosas, among other items.
- Although there’s nothing new at the Ireland booth, we still were huge fans of its returning champs from years past!
- The Land Down Under is ready to quell that sweet tooth with a delicious Lamington cake at the Australia booth.
- If you ever doubted that Impossible meat could be good, you’d better stop over at Earth Eats to try their delicious new meatball plate!
- And rounding off today’s treats, we loved the delectable new Mango Martini we found at Refreshment Port.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- We awoke this morning to find the iconic Tower of Terror billboard already completely demolished.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- We found a special Minnie ear headband themed to the 2022 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival today!
- There’s also a special Spirit Jersey to celebrate the occasion.
- If Dooney & Bourke bags are more your speed, this week’s release features the Festival.
- The Chef Figment MagicBand is also now available at the Creations Shop for the Festival, but it’s limited edition so better snag it!
- In fact, there’s an entire line of Chef Figment merchandise available for the Festival, check out every item including prices here!
- And just in time for the Food & Wine Festival, we found… a Flower & Garden Festival Mickey topiary plush today as well.
- There’s plenty of pins for you pin collectors out there to pick up at the Festival too. We have them all!
- If you want to see all the merchandise with the festival logo on it, we’ve got a full list right here!
- We also found an entire new line of Tiana-centric merchandise available at the Festival.
- Just in time, there’s also some Chef Mickey and Minnie pizza-themed merchandise available at EPCOT.
- For our Annual Passholder readers, there’s several Remy-themed Passholder-Exclusive items available at the Festival.
- You can also stow your AirPods in one of several new cases we found at the Festival.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Are you excited about Dole Whip Day coming up soon? Learn how you can celebrate at Walt Disney World and Disneyland!
- As is pretty much Disneyland tradition, the Main Street Electrical Parade and Disneyland Forever will glow away (for now) on September 1.
- Disneyland Paris’ Bastille Day fireworks for 2022 feature the first-ever use of drones in a Disney fireworks spectacular.
Entertainment & Media
- Disney is expected to show off a first look at “Strange World,” “Elemental”, and other upcoming films at D23 Expo 2022.
- Dean Fleischer-Camp has been tapped to direct the upcoming live-action remake of “Lilo and Stitch.“
The Walt Disney Company
- Insiders close with former Disney CEO Bob Iger claim that the promotion of Bob Chapek is Iger’s greatest regret looking back at his time with Disney.
WDW News Today
Tower of Terror Billboard Being Demolished, Splash Mountain Log Sinks Again – NewsToday 7/13
The PeopleMover May Be Returning to Disneyland in a Shorter Form – Disneyland News Today 7/14
Theme Park Electric Wheelchair Rodeo
LIVE Tom Losing His Head at Disneyland Paris
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post Bob Chapek is Bob Iger’s Biggest Regret, 2022 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival Kicks Off, Main Street Electrical Parade and ‘Disneyland Forever’ Ending September 1, & More: Daily Recap (7/14/22) appeared first on WDW News Today.