We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, June 9, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Some more changes are visible on the Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. building as construction progresses on TRON Lightcycle / Run.
- The canopy was illuminated for the very first time at TRON Lightcycle / Run this evening as well, giving a glimpse at what it might look like when the attraction opens for business.
- In our latest photo report from the Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we take a look at new ‘Hercules’ and ’Thor: Love and Thunder’ pins at Frontier Trading Post, the new menu at 50’s Prime Time Café, and more!
- The digital tip boards around World Discovery, World Celebration, and World Nature have been repainted in the color schemes of their neighborhoods.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- New chandeliers are visible inside the newly-refurbished rooms of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa as exterior construction continues.
- Mickey-themed glassware and serveware inspired by traditional Mexican art has made its way to the Mexico Pavilion at EPCOT.
- A “Mighty Thor” ear headband and action figure will land on shopDisney.com this weekend.
- If you’re a big puzzle buff, don’t miss the new two-sided puzzle we found in Pandora — The World of Avatar!
- Make way, make way! The Moana Designer Collection Doll has made landfall at The Art of Disney.
- Don’t miss the Scarlet Witch and Ewok ear headbands we found around Walt Disney World today!
- As the 50th Anniversary continues, we found a R2 figure named R2-W50 themed to the anniversary at the Emporium.
- “Star Wars” fans might not want to miss the “Star Wars” concept art pack we found for the 45th Anniversary at Walt Disney World.
- We’re rising with the Resistance on Batuu as plenty of new merchandise arrived at Black Spire Outpost, including Resistance-themed items and a few more treasures for Dok-Ondar.
- Also spotted on Batuu was a new Droid Depot-themed bag at, you guessed it, Droid Depot.
Other Walt Disney World News
- A large yellow crane now towers over Disney’s Blizzard Beach as rumors swirl about a new attraction during its extended refurbishment.
- During an interview, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis claims he warned Disney “it won’t work out well for you” when they decided to intervene on the controversial “Don’t Say Gay” bill issue.
- Walt Disney World is teaming up with Brand USA to draw even more tourism to Central Florida from several key global markets.
- The Spider-Man “Stuntronic” at Avengers Campus had a bit of a crash into a building today when its line didn’t disconnect properly.
- Fortunately the show was back in business later today as if nothing had ever happened
The Walt Disney Company
- Peter Rice, Disney’s general entertainment chairman, has been unceremoniously ousted from the company.
- Meanwhile the Board of Directors issued a statement that they have full faith in current CEO Bob Chapek even as skepticism and bad press amasses around the controversial CEO.
- Speculation is arising that Chapek is undermining both Rice and the recently-dismissed communications director Geoff Morrell, according to The New York Times.
- D23 announced the headline presentations for the D23 Expo set to take place this September.
Entertainment and Media
WDW News Today
Mickey Falls During Fantasmic, Guest Puts Foot in Splash Mountain Water – Disneyland News Today 6/9
Big Thunder Mountain Board Game by Funko Unboxing, DFB Cupcake Game – WDW News Tonight Episode 216
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post Spider-Man ‘Stuntronic’ Crashes Through Building at Avengers Campus, Entertainment Chairman Peter Rice Dismissed, Florida Gov. ‘Warned’ Disney Not to Interfere with ‘Don’t Say Gay’, & More: Daily Recap (6/9/22) appeared first on WDW News Today.