We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, June 8, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Our latest photo report from the Magic Kingdom focuses on new ears, Rainy Day Fun, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure Wishables, and more!
- Remodeling wrapped up today inside Memento Mori and the Haunted Mansion-themed shop has finally reopened to guests.
- Surplus tables and chairs were added outside the Connections Cafe & Eatery to help alleviate the crowding inside EPCOT’s latest dining establishment.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Sadly, the pirate-themed rooms at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be discontinued starting next year.
- Construction is underway in some guest-facing areas at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort as the resort prepares for its massive Disney Vacation Club tower.
- We stopped in at Swirls on the Water to try the new “Lightyear”-themed cone, and we have some thoughts.
- Now that Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind has been open for a couple weeks, we finally have a fridge magnet themed to Rocket and Groot in the attraction’s ride vehicle at EPCOT.
- Spinning into the Magic Kingdom today is the Mad Tea Party-themed Loungefly backpack from the Mickey Mouse: The Main Attraction series.
- Fans of the original Star Tours rejoice as a special limited edition RX-24 “Captain Rex” figure has landed at Disney Springs!
- Guests staying at the All-Star Resorts now have some extra choices on souvenirs themed to the hotel they can bring home.
- And don’t miss all the other merchandise we’ve seen in the past couple weeks in our Merchandise Roundup!
Other Walt Disney World News
- A professor of religion studies at Lehigh University took to Twitter to compare Disney adults to believers in a religion after a long Reddit thread went viral in which a couple wedded at Walt Disney World chose character appearances over catering at their wedding.
- OSHA has fined Walt Disney World $12,000 after a Cast Member was injured at a resort laundry facility.
- A Winter Park man has filed a motion to intrude on the lawsuit regarding the Reedy Creek Improvement District dissolution in favor of dissolving the district.
- Disney clarified today that the paid focus group for the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser was in fact related to Walt Disney World, not Disneyland.
- A very shimmery metallic ombre balloon popcorn bucket floated into Disney California Adventure today.
- Guests visiting Avengers Campus today can meet Ms. Marvel as her series launches on Disney+!
- Construction around Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel has commenced as the transformation is set to begin.
- We were rather disappointed by what passed for the “southern food” that we tried at Harbour Galley today.
- Don’t tell Thanos, but a pair of Avengers snap pants by Her Universe has made its way to the Disneyland Resort.
- Fans of retro “Star Wars” action figures might love the new Loungefly sling backpack we found at The Star Trader as part of the “Star Wars” 45th Anniversary line.
- Having trouble telling your rathtars from your dianogas? Thankfully, the Creature Stall has you covered with a new notebook, and offworlders like you can pick it up right now on Batuu!
- Looking to show that you’re part of Team W.E.B.? Then don’t miss a new jacket and t-shirt we found at the Avengers Super Store!
- Disney Premier Access Ultimate — a new bundle of line-skipping options not unlike Express Pass at Universal, will launch in Paris tomorrow.
- From October 29 through 31, guests at Disneyland Paris can experience the return of the Disney Halloween Party, and tickets are available now!
Shanghai Disney Resort
- Wishing Star Park, Blue Sky Boulevard, and the World of Disney Store will all reopen on Friday. Shanghai Disneyland, the hotels, and Disneytown all remain closed.
Disney Cruise Line
- If you want to sail aboard the Disney Wish’s maiden voyage later this summer, donate to Give Kids the World Village for chances to enter!
Entertainment and Media
- In response to very stringent laws regarding streaming windows, Disney’s next animated film “Strange World” will skip cinemas entirely in France and go straight to Disney+.
WDW News Today
Figment in “Stranger Things”, Athlete Goes Missing at Disney World – NewsToday 6/8
Disneyland Paris Opens American Power Plant to Tourists – Timekeeping Disneyland Paris #8
Ms. Marvel First Impressions of Episode 1 on Disney+! Watch-Along with Us! – Deep in the Plus
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post Pirate Rooms to be Discontinued at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney Compared to Religion After Couple Chooses Characters Over Food at Wedding, & More: Daily Recap (6/8/22) appeared first on WDW News Today.