The holiday season at Walt Disney World will officially begin on November 11. We’re halfway there so Disney is announcing all of the holiday offerings returning this year.
During the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration, select theme park icons will continue to transform into Beacons of Magic, illuminating select nights with an EARidescent glow. And as a special yuletide surprise for guests, the magic will continue as each park celebrates the season with a delightful rotation of unique heartwarming holiday-themed displays.
The holiday season will be an especially busy time for Jolly Old St. Nick as he makes special appearances throughout Walt Disney World. Catch him cruising down Hollywood Boulevard in his candy-apple red convertible at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade and voyaging across the Discovery River as part of a festive flotilla at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Santa Claus will continue to spread the joyous spirit of the season during visits to Magic Kingdom Park and Disney Springs, where guests may have individual time to take photos and share their Christmas wishes. Finally, at EPCOT, Santa Claus will join storytellers from around the world as a part of the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays.
The winter season will bring Christmastime cheer to every corner of Walt Disney World with whimsical décor that creates a nostalgic and joyous atmosphere. From twinkling trees and glittering ornaments to an abundance of tinsel and wreaths, the distinct personality of each Walt Disney World theme park shines brighter during the holidays. The merriment continues with the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll presented by AdventHealth, where elaborately themed Christmas trees will draw inspiration from beloved characters, and at resorts across Walt Disney World, where guests will encounter artisan-made gingerbread creations displayed in select locations.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will come alive with the return of a Merry Menagerie of winter animals realized in the form of life-size, artisan-sculpted puppets.
- Just in time for the holidays, “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios adds a festive finale, featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf, and celebratory songs of the season.
- At Disney Springs, guests visiting Town Center will experience a magical snowfall, bringing the spirit of the North Pole to Central Florida.
- EPCOT will celebrate the return of “Candlelight Processional” during EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays beginning Nov. 25, a beloved long-standing tradition of heartwarming holiday performances at America Gardens Theatre.
- Disney PhotoPass photographers can help guests enhance their Disney vacation photos with holiday-themed Magic Shots at all four Walt Disney World theme parks, a new Disney PhotoPass Lens, and virtual backdrops at the Disney PhotoPass Studio at Disney Springs.
- Holiday Cookie Stroll will return to EPCOT this year, inviting guests to partake in a sweet scavenger hunt during the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays. The festival will also herald mouthwatering menus of traditional and inspired adaptations of holiday dishes from around the world at special Holiday Kitchens.
- At Disney Springs, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar becomes Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar and will feature yuletide touches alongside festive food and craft cocktails.
- Select dining locations throughout Walt Disney World will celebrate the season with tasty winter-inspired dishes.
The post Merry Menagerie, Santa Claus Appearances, and More Announced for Holiday Season at Walt Disney World appeared first on WDW News Today.