Continuing Disney’s Celebrate Soulfully festivities, Disney recently released a selection of new food items, including a drink that is giving us some relaxing “Hakuna Matata” vibes.
Inspired by the returning “Tale of the Lion King” stage show, Disneyland has conjured a new drink called the Pride Rock Punch that sounds like a great way to beat the summer heat!
Featuring refreshing flavors like pineapple, mango, and other elements, the Pride Rock Punch is available at Troubadour Tavern in Fantasyland at Disneyland. But if you can’t wait any longer to try this new Disneyland treat, Disney also released a matching recipe so you can try it in the comfort of your own Pride Rock!
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups freshly brewed unsweetened black tea
- 1/3 cup mango beverage syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon tamarind paste
- Orange slices
- Dried mango slices
- Dried pineapple
- First, place pineapple into a food processor (ex: a blender) and blend until smooth.
- Next, combine puréed pineapples with unsweetened tea, mango beverage syrup, orange juice, and tamarind paste in a large pitcher.
- Stir all ingredients together until the tamarind paste is completely dissolved into the mixture.
- Lastly, fill 4 to 6 tall glasses halfway with ice and add the punch. For some decorative (and flavorful) additions, you can add orange slices, dried mango, and dried pineapples for the finishing touch!
If you’re having trouble finding mango beverage syrup, the Pride Rock Punch recipe includes some additional notes on how to make your own!
Here’s how to make the mango beverage syrup:
- Bring 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 cup of frozen mango pieces to a boil in a saucepan.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely and strain out mango pieces
Then your mango syrup is done! You can refrigerate it up to one week.
And there you have it – the Pride Rock Punch! A refreshing drink perfect to pair with a “Tale of the Lion King” performance (or to enjoy within the comfort of your own air-conditioned savannah.) And as always, keep an eye on DFB for more delicious Disney recipes that you (and your other Pride members) can make together!
Looking for more Disney food to make at home? Click here!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Don’t Miss Out on Any Disney Fun!
Order Your Copy of the 2022 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining Today!
With more than 750 pages, the 2022 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full of tips and planning tools developed by Disney World experts over 30+ years of visits. We’ve done the research for you, so you’ll know just which spots will uniquely suit your family’s needs!
With mini-reviews of every single restaurant, bar, lounge, kiosk and more; an entire chapter on the best snacks in Disney World; full Disney Dining Plan analysis (and how to get FREE dining); and a full chapter on discounts and deals; you’ll have everything you need to plan your best vacation yet.
Click here to order your copy of the 2022 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining E-book with code WDW2022 to save 25% off the cover price today!
Use code WDW2022 at check-out for 25% off the cover price today!
Our guides are backed by a 100% money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose.
What do you think of this drink? Are you going to try and make it at home? Let us know down in the comments below!
The post Disney Recipe: Make a ‘Lion King’-Themed Drink at Home! first appeared on the disney food blog.