We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Saturday, May 28, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Cast Member discounts are currently not available for any Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind merchandise.
- After several years of absence, the iCan robot has returned to Walt Disney World, but this time in World Discovery.
- The Treasures of Xandar shop outside Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is now officially open and peddling wares related to the attraction.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Half of Alien Swirling Saucers is now covered by construction walls in Toy Story Land.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Signage for the former “Finding Nemo: The Musical” has been covered up as the Theater in the Wild prepares to open the new “Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond.”
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Half of the beach at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground has closed for a lengthy refurbishment
- The next collection of Dooney & Bourke bags will be themed to “The Rescuers” and releases on May 31.
- Announced during Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, the Darth Sidious Legacy Lightsaber Hilt is now available at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Mayday, mayday! A Miss Tilly sipper featuring the top chunk of Mount Mayday is now available exclusively to guests at H2O Glow After Hours at Typhoon Lagoon!
- The second series of 50th Anniversary Fab 50 Statue figure mystery boxes is now available, and we tried our luck!
- Inspired by a retro license plate from the ’70s, a Vault Collection button-up featuring Mickey and the gang has come to stores at Walt Disney World.
- Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, a Figment and Spaceship Earth bowl sailed through the universe of time… and into EPCOT today.
- Alright recruits, a new Black Spire Outpost military jacket and Resistance-themed keychains have landed at Resistance Supply today.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Monorail Teal has officially returned from refurbishment and looks better than ever!
- The westbound ramp from EPCOT Center Drive to northbound World Drive has finally reopened to traffic.
- A guest visiting Walt Disney World was asked to purchase a new shirt after reportedly violating the dress code, and documented her experience in a viral TikTok.
- Staging areas are set up for the ongoing refurbishment of Blizzard Beach.
- It’s the circle of life for the Fantasyland Theatre as “Tale of the Lion King” made its grand return to the Disneyland Resort today, and we have photos and full video!
- Looking for a summertime twist on a classic treat? We tried the Summer Stuff, and it’s delicious! Don’t believe me? Read our review!
- With the announcement that Boba Fett, The Mandalorian, The Child, and Fennec Shand will all start making appearances in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disney is officially breaking from the timeline they set for Batuu.
- We spotted Fennec Shand out first thing this morning in Batuu and caught video as well.
- As promised, Boba Fett also made his first appearance in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge today.
- If your lightsaber could use an extra decorative touch, two new pommels, better known as hilt caps, are now available themed to Wampas and Porgs in Batuu.
- Announced during Star Wars Celebration Anaheim yesterday, the Camtono locking storage container is now available for sale at the Creature Stall.
- Guests passing through the Downtown Disney District might take notice of this new “Obi-Wan Kenobi”-themed sand sculpture.
- Looking for an easy way to decorate your bag to celebrate 35 years of Star Tours? Check out this sticky patch we spotted today at the Star Wars Trading Post!
- Several forms of galactic currency are available for traders to collect at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities.
- Vintage Kenner figure-inspired collectable cards have landed at the Disneyland Resort as part of the Star Wars 45th Anniversary merchandise line.
- Formerly exclusive to Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite, the Twin Moons Eclipse line of merchandise produced for the original 2020 event made its way to shelves today.
- Big fans of “Snips” might want to keep an eye out for this new Ahsoka Tano-inspired droid figure now available at Star Wars Trading Post.
- We got our first official look at the PYM Kitchen Quantum Tunnel and the completed Avengers Assemble: Flight Force Sign at Avengers Campus today.
- The rooftop stunt show at this version of Avengers Campus will be entitled “Avengers Unite.”
Entertainment and Media
- After a long theatrical hiatus, Taika Waititi’s “Star Wars” film is set to hit theaters exclusively in late 2023, according to Kathleen Kennedy.
- LEGO has announced a LEGO Star Wars special entitled “LEGO Star Wars Summer Vacation”, which will debut later this year.
- Hera Syndulla and Chopper from “Star Wars: Rebels” will both make an appearance in “Ahsoka” when it releases.
- Kathleen Kennedy said in an interview today that scheduling conflicts are to blame for continued delays in producing the “Lando” series with Donald Glover.
- An anthology series of shorts centered on Ahsoka Tano and Count Dooku entitled “Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi” will debut later this year on Disney+.
Other Disney News
- A new L0-LA59 toy inspired by the adorable “Obi-Wan Kenobi” droid is already on its way from Hasbro.
WDW News Today
Ride Rehab Watches S2 E5 Toy Story The Musical
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post Guest Asked to Buy New Shirt to Comply with Walt Disney World Dress Code, Disney Breaking Galaxy’s Edge Timeline, Walls Up Around Alien Swirling Saucers, & More: Daily Recap (5/28/22) appeared first on WDW News Today.