Most recently, the Bill was passed into law and Disney issued a statement in response, indicating that the Bill should never have been passed or signed into law and that its goal would be for the law to be repealed or struck down. Disney has also said that they are creating a task force to develop strategies to be a more positive force for the LGBT community, and “new content for children and family” will be a large part of the focus. Recently, protests were held in front of Disney’s corporate headquarters in response to some of Disney’s recent statements and actions in relation to LGBTQ+ topics.
According to Newsweek, a video has been circulating on social media showing “hundreds of protestors” gathered outside of the Disney headquarters in California.
Protestors in the video can be seen holding various signs as part of their protest and can be heard shouting “boycott Disney.” The video was posted on April 6th, 2022 by Drew Hernandez on Twitter, who is the host of FRONTLINES.
BREAKING: Protesters gather in front of the Disney HQ in Burbank CA chanting “BOYCOTT DISNEY!” pic.twitter.com/hKVp2ufGBQ
— Drew Hernandez (@DrewHLive) April 7, 2022
“with the church and with millennials in a way that charges them to become more politically active.”
A post and video was shared on Twitter directly from Sean Feucht, Christian activist and founder of “Hold the Line,” calling for the protest.
Another video was circulated online, which also called for the protest. The video shows news hosts discussing certain LQBGT+ topics and decisions to include more LGBTQ+ characters in Disney media, and shows other images of Disney. It then cuts to protestors and calls for parents to “take a stand” for the innocence of their children.
On the day of the protest, other videos were shared showing the individuals in attendance, including one featuring a woman claiming to be a Disney Cast Member who said it has “gotten very hard to be someone who has conservative values.”
Newsweek contacted Disney and Hold the Line for comment, but no comment was shared in the Newsweek post as of yet.
To see more about the “Don’t Say Gay” bill and other updates that had been previously shared about this topic, click the links below:
- Disney issues statement as Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” bill is signed into law.
- Disney issues statement on “Don’t Say Gay” bill (now law)
- Disney CEO Bob Chapek comments on the Bill (now law)
- Chapek comments on the Company’s stance on the Bill (now law) and actions moving forward
- Chapek issues apology following Disney’s response to Bill (now law)
- Human Rights Campaign rejects Disney’s donation and issues response
- Disney employees plan walkouts in response to Bill (now law)
- California governor addresses Disney following responses to the Bill (now law)
- Same-sex kiss put back into “Lightyear” after criticism of Disney’s response to the Bill (now law)
- Chapek addresses the Florida Bill (now law) and assures further changes during Company meeting
- Supportive LGBTQIA+ statements shared by Disney ahead of planned walkouts
- Learn more about the walkouts
- See more about Disney’s response to the passage of the bill into Law
- See the Florida Governor’s comments about Disney’s response
We’ll continue to look for more updates on this story.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
The post Hundreds of Protestors Chanted “Boycott Disney” in Front of Company Headquarters first appeared on the disney food blog.