We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, April 4, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Another sinking log incident occurred at Splash Mountain in Magic Kingdom. A log previously sank in August 2020.
- The Be Our Guest Restaurant at Magic Kingdom is now opening at 10:00 a.m., one hour earlier than previously.
- The Royal Portrait Studio inside Sir Mickey’s at Magic Kingdom has reopened, likely to prepare for the imminent reopening of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique nearby.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will officially open at EPCOT on May 27, 2022, during Memorial Day weekend.
- Disney Parks has released a new teaser and full commercial for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
- Walt Disney World President Jeff Vahle has confirmed that there will be Cast Member previews for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind before it opens on May 27 at EPCOT.
- A countdown to the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT can now be found on the webpage for the upcoming attraction.
- Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members, and D23 Gold Members will be able to preview Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT before it officially opens.
- The new commercial for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind features two small references to the old EPCOT.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Though the “Fantasmic!” moat was refilled and Steamboat Willie refurbished earlier this year at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the moat has been drained once again.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney has a new job posting up for a Guest Experience Manager at Victoria & Albert’s.
- As site prep is likely set to begin soon for the new Disney Vacation Club expansion to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, signage has gone up around the former site of the “Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show” informing guests to not trespass or document the site.
- The Mickey balloon Spirit Jersey, part of a new series of the 50th anniversary Vault Collection, has arrived at Walt Disney World.
- New merchandise is being added to the 50th anniversary Celebration Collection available at Walt Disney World. Four new items are already available on shopDisney.
- A new collection of Dooney & Bourke bags inspired by “Dumbo” has flown into Walt Disney World.
- New short-sleeved, long-sleeved, adult, and youth Mickey Mouse 50th anniversary shirts are now available at Walt Disney World.
- In addition to the new 50th anniversary Vault Collection balloon Spirit Jersey, Walt Disney World has a new balloon pin available.
- Several new pins have arrived at Walt Disney World this week, including one limited release Easter pin.
- Check out today’s merchandise roundup with even more new merchandise we found!
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World is poised to more than double their solar energy resources with the construction of two new solar arrays.
- In-person learning from the Disney Institute will return to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort this spring beginning May 23.
- Disneyland Resort is celebrating “Encanto” this month with a new projection show on the façade of “it’s a small world.”
- Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland is closed while it receives a major reimagining. The old Mickey’s Toontown sign has now been removed from the land’s entrance.
- Come along with us as we hunt for all the Easter eggs in this year’s Egg-Stravaganza at Disney California Adventure.
- Aloha from the World of Disney Store at the Downtown Disney District, where we discovered a new button-up Spirit Jersey shirt that washed up this week!
- A new pair of Minnie Mouse ears have arrived at The Mad Hatter on Main Street, U.S.A. at Disneyland Park.
- The chef of Ballast Point Brewery & Kitchen in Downtown Disney District has created a new ravioli dish partially inspired by Disney’s “Ratatouille.”
- A new Loungefly mini backpack matching a previously released Sleeping Beauty Castle ear headband has arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- Disney and BaubleBar have teamed up to create a new pair of Minnie ears inspired by Tiana from “The Princess and the Frog,” now available at Disneyland Resort.
- The Disneyland Paris Ambassadors shared a post on Instagram celebrating the 900 Cast Members who have been working at the resort since it opened 30 years ago.
WDW News Today
- We are hiring! As WDWNT continues to grow, we are looking for additional local Reporters to expand our Orlando-based staff. Apply here!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post Guests Evacuated From Splash Mountain in Another Sinking Log Incident, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Official Opening Date Revealed, and More: Daily Recap (4/4/22) appeared first on WDW News Today.