We bring you a lot of stories every single day, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we’ve rounded up all our stories in one place to get today’s news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, April 8, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Our April 6 photo report highlights the EARidescent shimmer ears and backpack, brunch at Be Our Guest, a 50th Anniversary Cinderella Castle display, and more!
- A Jessica Rabbit-inspired dress strutted into Uptown Jewelers today.
- The tropical button-down Spirit Jersey shirt we spotted at DIsneyland earlier this week has made its way to Walt Disney World.
- More canopy was added as construction continues on TRON Lightcycle Run in Tomorrowland.
- New Country Bear Jamboree and retro license plate T-shirts have made their way to Walt Disney World as part of the Vault Collection.
- A new musical performance featuring Carol Stein will come to The American Adventure Pavilion rotunda starting April 10.
- Kermit the Frog commemorated Earth Month by turning Spaceship Earth green today.
- Registration for Cast Member previews for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will begin next week.
- More otherworldly symbols have been added to the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind courtyard.
- Directional signage was also installed today in the former Innoventions breezeway for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
- As we approach opening, table and chair installation has begun in earnest within the Connections Café & Eatery.
- Fans of Figment will adore the new phone case we spotted today as part of the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Expedition Everest’s previously promised mid-April reopening has been removed from the Walt Disney World website, leaving the coaster down for an open-ended time.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will close June 18 for an extended refurbishment.
Other Walt Disney World News
- BoxLunch has announced a special Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary vacation sweepstakes.
- Park hours for all four parks at Walt Disney World were extended in late April.
- We looked back on the time Dick Clark tried to sell Michael Eisner on converting Disneyland into a Beatles-themed tribute for an entire year.
- If you’re at Avengers Campus, be sure to check out the newly updated “Doctor Strange: Mysteries of the Mystic Arts” show, which we caught photos and video of today.
- Oh, gosh! A new Mickey Mouse tank top has arrived at Disneyland just in time for spring.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- We took a full photo and video tour of the new Toy Story Hotel, which opened earlier this week!
- Toad Hall Restaurant reopened today at Disneyland Paris with menu changes including a vegan fish option.
Entertainment & Media
- Sam Raimi confirmed that among other surprises, there will be multiple versions of Wanda Maximoff in “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.”
The Walt Disney Company
- Groundbreaking for the first Storyliving by Disney neighborhood, Cotino, will take place April 26.
- House Republicans contacted Disney CEO Bob Chapek regarding his and the company’s vehement stance against the controversial Parental Rights in Education bill, commonly known as “Don’t Say Gay.”
- Abigail Disney, granddaughter of founder Roy O. Disney, took to the Washington Post today to express her opinions on the controversial bill as well.
Other Disney News
- LEGO has teased new The Muppets figures coming soon, with a first look at the Kermit figure.
Brightline to Disney World Update, Disney Park “Golden Ticket” Candy Bar Contest – NewsToday 4/9
Disney Merchandise Recap – Boxed In
Toyville Trolley Park is Schmigadoon – WDWNT The RPG Tokyo Rift Ep. 7
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post Expedition Everest Reopening May Be Delayed, Abigail Disney Slams Backlash Against Disney’s ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Stance, LEGO Teases New ‘Muppets’ Figures, and More: Daily Recap (4/8/22) appeared first on WDW News Today.