We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, April 18, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Character meet-and-greets at Walt Disney World are returning to normal today, with physical distancing no longer required. We visited Town Square Theater at Magic Kingdom to give Mickey Mouse a hug after two long years.
- When the Festival of Fantasy parade returned, Anna was missing as were the princes who normally appear beside their princesses. Today, Anna and some of the princes returned!
- Walt Disney World Characters are no longer required to stay physically distanced from guests during meet-and-greets. This means that some characters are now meeting in slightly different locations. We also saw some rare characters at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Let’s take a walk around the parks and see who is out!
- Princess Jasmine has returned indoors to her Lamps of Wonder meet-and-greet location as physical distancing is lifted for characters around Walt Disney World.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- In honor of Earth Day on Friday, April 22, the hyenas from “The Lion King” are appearing on a Discovery River flotilla in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- With the return of normal character meet-and-greets to Walt Disney World, we’re actually seeing some new characters. The moth from “A Bug’s Life” is now greeting guests near “It’s Tough to be a Bug!” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Guests can now book a prix fixe meal at participating Disney Springs restaurants for before or after their viewing of Cirque Du Soleil’s “Drawn to Life.”
Other Walt Disney World News
- Physical distancing has been lifted from character meet-and-greets throughout Walt Disney World, and we now know this includes during character meals at restaurants.
- U.S. district Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle in Tampa, Florida has ordered that the transportation mask mandate from the CDC is now void.
- A Biden Administration official has stated that the Transportation Security Administration will no longer enforce the mask mandate on planes, which was set to expire May 3.
- Tarzan’s Treehouse at Disneyland, which has been closed and under construction since September of last year, is being rethemed. Rumors indicate it may be getting an “Encanto” makeover.
- MiceChat has shared aerial photos of construction in Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland Park. The land closed in early March for a major reimagining to coincide with the opening of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, scheduled for spring 2023.
- Main Street Electrical Parade is returning to Disneyland Park this Friday, April 22, with a new finale. We have seen concept art and a brief look at the actual float, but Disneyland is now showing off the complete float for the first time.
- Regular character meet-and-greets have returned to Disneyland Resort, which means no more physical distancing. Guests can hug, high-five, and get autographs from characters again.
- In a video shared by an anonymous Disneyland Resort guest, another guest refused to let a parking lot tram leave at the end of the night because another couple apparently cut him and his wife in line.
- As work continues on Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland Park, construction walls have been extended, and the attraction’s sign is covered in plastic.
- After the shocking announcement that Tarzan’s Treehouse would receive a retheme, we decided to take a new look at the site and see what was going on.
- Character meets on the Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure have been socially distanced since the campus first opened in June of 2021. Now, guests can greet the Avengers without social distancing and mask requirements for the first time ever on the Avengers Campus.
- Adults looking for a special way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Disneyland Paris can now purchase champagne in a souvenir flute on Main Street, U.S.A.
- A rumor indicates that Disneyland Paris will be launching a €90 version of Disney Premier Access for fourteen attractions at the resort. The pass could be used once per attraction.
- The second series of Mickey Mouse The Main Attraction is finally here! We found the Pirates of the Caribbean collection in Discovery Trading at Disney’s Animal Kingdom this morning.
- The new 50th anniversary Dooney & Bourke collection has arrived at Walt Disney World!
- Just in time for the return of character meet-and-greets, Walt Disney World has a brand-new 50th-anniversary autograph book available. We found it in the Creations Shop at EPCOT.
- A new magenta pink sequined Minnie ear headband has arrived at Walt Disney World. We found these ears in the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- The newest dress by The Dress Shop is inspired by the Dapper Dans of Main Street, U.S.A. We first found the dress at Disney Clothiers Ltd. in Disneyland.
- A new Minnie ear headband featuring a rainbow veil and a butterfly bow is available at Disneyland. We found it in The Mad Hatter on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Two new Loungefly mini backpacks have arrived at Disneyland Resort. We found both of these in Disney Showcase at Disneyland.
- A new Mickey pet bowl has joined the “Be Happy” merchandise collection at Disneyland Resort, which also includes a pet feeding mat and toy. We first found the new bowl at Pooh Corner in Disneyland.
- Start your mornings the Disney vacation way at home with this Mickey Mouse Waffle mug! We spotted this adorable mug while shopping at the Kingswell Camera Shop in Disney California Adventure.
- Will you be shopping at Disney’s Animal Kingdom for Earth Day merchandise this year? You may want to grab some of these conservation-conscious souvenirs.
Entertainment and Media
- Marvel has released the first trailer for the fourth “Thor” film, “Thor: Love and Thunder,” featuring not only the titular prince, but also the Guardians of the Galaxy, Korg, Valkyrie, and the return of Jane Foster as Lady Thor.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post Belligerent Guest Holds Up Parking Lot Tram; Judge Strikes Down Federal Mask Mandate on Public Transportation, Tarzan’s Treehouse to Recieve Retheme at Disneyland, and More: Daily Recap (4/18/22) appeared first on WDW News Today.