We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, March 8, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Check out our photo report from Saturday March 5, including: 50th Anniversary Light Up Wristlet Brightens Up the Emporium, Characters on Parade Pin Drops into Frontier Trading Post, & More.
- We also brought you an updated look at TRON Lightcycle / Run where a tarp has been removed from the entrance.
- Walt Disney Imagineering also shared a new look at the TRON Lightcycle / Run on instagram.
- As sunset gets later in the day and Magic Kingdom stays open later, “Disney Enchantment” will be shifted to later performance times beginning on May 16, 2022.
- A new red panda-inspired dessert is now available at Amorette’s Patisserie in Disney Springs to celebrate the upcoming release of Pixar’s “Turning Red.”
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Come along with us on a tour of the new Villas for sale at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.
- We visited the World Premiere Food Court at All-Star Movies to try the Mirabel Cupcake, Luisa Push-Up Cake Pop, and Encanto Cholado.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge just got an upgrade in the form of new, interactive television sets in guest rooms.
- Disney Vacation Club owners can request identical accommodations for the same week each year for 10% more points than that booking would normally cost. This practice used to be called “Guaranteed Weeks” but has been rebranded as “Favorite Weeks.”
- Although face masks are currently optional both indoors and outdoors for fully vaccinated guests at Disneyland Resort, new signage says they are “strongly recommended.”
- Today is the final day of operation for Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland Park before it closes for a major reimagining. Before the land closes, let’s take a tour of its current form.
- The Maple Bacon Churro has returned specifically for the 2022 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, so of course we had to go grab one.
- In addition to all of the new items for the 2022 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, there are also a couple of new seasonal items throughout the park, including the new chili bowl and bread pudding at Pacific Wharf Café.
- We reviewed one of the new seasonal items at Disneyland: the Fried Bologna Sandwich at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe.
- In addition to a fried bologna sandwich, Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe in Disneyland is serving a strawberry swirl cheesecake for the spring season. We picked up the dessert on our most recent trip.
- Red Rose Taverne in Disneyland Park has two new seasonal offerings: a cheddar ranch burger and a caramel vanilla cold brew.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- According to a new schedule posted on the Oriental Land Company’s website, the Halloween and Christmas parties are confirmed to return to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea this year!
- Tokyo Disney Resort has announced a special version of Splash Mountain coming to the park this year to get guests extra-wet in the miserably humid Tokyo summer.
- Well, the dance parties are coming back to the park starting April 1 with stages at both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea hosting “Jamboree Mickey! Let’s Dance!” for kids to dance along with Disney characters.
- Even more “Encanto” designs have been added to Walt Disney World MaDe kiosks, as well as other MagicBand, magnet, and ornament designs.
- A couple of new limited edition pins have just been released at Magic Kingdom. We found these Winnie the Pooh and Mulan pins at Frontier Trading Post.
- For your next Chef Mickey’s reservation, stop by Bayview Gifts at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and you can dress just like Mickey with this new Chef Mickey’s ear hat.
- Some of the new Mary Poppins merchandise collection from EPCOT’s U.K. Pavilion has made its way to Disneyland Resort.
- An adorable new polka dot Minnie Mouse dress has just arrived at Disneyland. We found it at Elias & Co. in Disney California Adventure.
- A new Orange Bird themed Minnie ear headband flew into the Creations Shop at EPCOT.
- This week we visited Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney Springs, and a few resorts; let’s look at our discoveries in a new merchandise roundup.
The Walt Disney Company
- LGBTQIA+ employees of The Walt Disney Company’s Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution segment have released a statement to leadership regarding the company’s response (or lack thereof) to the “Don’t Say Gay” bill moving through Florida legislature.
TIMEKEEPING 2019 at Walt Disney World: New Disney World Hotels, A Smashing Deut for the Skyliner, And Star Wars Land
The Muppets are Back, Moon Knight and Everything Coming to Disney+ in March! – Disney Entertainment News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post Employees Respond to Chapek’s ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Statement, COVID-19 Requirements Dropped for Aulani Guests, New Look at TRON Lightcycle Run, and More: Daily Recap (3/8/22) appeared first on WDW News Today.