We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, March 7, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- More concept art for the delayed (and possibly abandoned) reimagining of Spaceship Earth at EPCOT has emerged.
- Construction walls were erected around a group of planters and trees in the World Nature neighborhood of EPCOT a few weeks ago. Soon after, plants began to be removed from the planters and now construction is underway.
- New structures have been outlined at Journey of Water Inspired by “Moana.”
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Check out our Disney’s Hollywood Studios photo report where we try all the new spring treats from Thursday, March 3.
- AristoCrêpes in Disney Springs seems to have permanently closed. The webpage and online menus for the quick-service kiosk were removed from the Disney website.
- We tried a bunch more dishes at the 2022 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival:
- REVIEW: Delicious Mushroom Bao from Lucky Fortune Cookery at 2022 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival
- REVIEW: Elote Pretzel Packs a Punch at Pym Tasting Lab for 2022 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival
- REVIEW: Cookies and Cream Donuts are a Fantastic Treat at Lamplight Lounge for 2022 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival
- REVIEW: Pretzel Bites from Paradise Garden Cart are a Great Snack at 2022 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival
- REVIEW: The Perfect Avocado Toast from Pacific Wharf Café at 2022 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Check out our Tokyo Disneyland photo report from Wednesday, March 2!
- Tokyo Disney Resort has revealed that a new stage show entitled “Shining with You” will debut at the Hangar Stage in Lost River Delta starting April 1, as part of the Tokyo DisneySea 20th Anniversary “Time to Shine!” celebration.
- Tokyo Disney Resort has done it again with their incredible candy cases! The latest pair, releasing March 31, features Chip ‘n’ Dale hanging on to the globally iconic Mickey balloons.
- Disneyland Paris has shared a new behind-the-scenes video about the creation of their new “Disney D-Light” drone show.
- Shanghai Disney Resort has announced a multi-year contract with McDonald’s China to release Disney toys in Happy Meals.
- The previously announced Pixar-inspired Dooney & Bourke collection is now available at Walt Disney World.
- Another new item inspired by a vintage 1970s Magic Kingdom map has joined the Vault Collection at Walt Disney World.
- A new button-up shirt by Reyn Spooner featuring Orange Bird is now available at Walt Disney World.
- Scentsy is releasing a new wax warmer shaped like Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom with its 50th anniversary decorations.
- A new “Alice in Wonderland” merchandise line, first seen at Walt Disney World, has just arrived at Disneyland.
- The “Peter Pan” and “Pocahontas” Stitch Crashes Disney plush have finally arrived at Walt Disney World.
Entertainment and Media
- The Disney’s Sorcerer’s Arena mobile game has added new elements to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World, including a Spaceship Earth Arena environment.
- Tickets for Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim will go on sale to the general public on March 15, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. PT.
- Dana Terrace, creator of the Disney animated series “The Owl House,” encouraged fans to buy fan-made merchandise from Etsy instead of Disney-created pride merchandise.
- Alligator Loki, who first appeared in the “Loki” Disney+ series last year, is now getting his own Marvel comic series.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney CEO Bob Chapek has sent out a company-wide email regarding the controversial “Don’t Say Gay” bill currently moving through the Florida government.
- The Walt Disney Company participated in a Q&A session today at Morgan Stanley’s 2022 Technology, Media & Telecom Conference. Disney CFO Christine McCarthy was there to represent the company and spoke on character meet and greets returning “soon” to the parks, how Disney Parks may never return to their former crowd capacity to avoid “bursting at the seams,” and also spoke about what type of guests are buying Genie+.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post Concept Art Leaks for Possibly Abandoned Overhaul of Spaceship Earth, New 50th Anniversary Cinderella Castle Wax Warmer by Scentsy Coming Soon, & More: Daily Recap (3/7/22) appeared first on WDW News Today.