We bring you a lot of stories every single day, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we’ve rounded up all our stories in one place to get today’s news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, January 3, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- More of the new 50th Anniversary food coming January 10 was announced today, with the Always Tea Time Slush for the Cheshire Café.
- Souk-al-Magreb is set to reopen in the Morocco Pavilion on February 6
- Ashley Taylor has announced new pieces and her signing schedule for the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster was unexpectedly closed yet again at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Starting tomorrow, Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain will be closed through mid-April for an extensive refurbishment.
- We regret to inform you all that Rebecca the male black swan has passed away after nearly 40 years at Walt Disney World.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser has faced yet another massive wave of cancellations for sailings from March through July of 2022.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Rumor has it that the Tables in Wonderland discount card is unlikely to return to the Walt Disney World Resort now that all cards have expired.
- Hours are now available for all four Walt Disney World theme parks through March 15, 2022.
- Grad Nite, an annual tradition for about as long as the park has been open, will be returning to the Disneyland Resort in May.
- Hours for Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure are now available through February 14, 2022.
- If you’re dying for new merch, look no further than a new Our Universe “Foolish Mortals” jacket which materialized at the Magic Kingdom today.
- A new pair of Mickey & Minnie Valentine’s Day-themed Dooney & Bourke bags are now available on shopDisney.
- Our merchandise roundup today featured a Villains sketch art button-down, an “Up” tumbler, tons of apparel, and more!
Entertainment & Media
- Columbia Pictures & Sony have pushed back the opening of “Morbius” once again to April 1.
WDW News Today
Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster is Broken, $500 Disney World Train Set – NewsToday 1/3
LIVE: Our WDW 2022 Wish List – Cosmic Reid Live, Dec. 2021 Edition
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
The post Wave of Cancellations Hits Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, Expedition Everest Closing for Long Refurb, Tables in Wonderland Unlikely to Return, and More: Daily Recap (1/3/22) appeared first on WDW News Today.