Jiko – The Cooking Place is reopening on February 17, and it looks like new items — and some old favorites — will be on the menu. Walt Disney World updated the restaurant’s menu this evening after the reopening was announced.
- Tibs in Brik
- Tour of Africa
- North African-spiced Scallops
- Mushroom Flatbread
- Curried Cauliflower Bisque
- Seared Scallops with Nhopi and Groundnuts
- Duck Confit and Honey-Raisen Flatbread
- Roasted Squash Bisque
Some dishes have had name changes as well. The Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin is now the Braaied Wild Boar Tenderloin.
- Peri Peri Chicken
- Cape Malay Seafood Curry
- West African Koki Corn
- Heritage Chicken
- Injera Basket (Plant-based)
- Seafood Tagine (pictured above)
The Sustainable Vulcan-spiced Fish is now the Sustainable Fish but is otherwise unchanged. The Botswana-style Beef Short Rib is now called the Botswanan Seswaa Short Rib.
- 4 oz. Lobster Tail
- Coconut-Curry Shrimp
- Egyptian Kushari
- Mozambique Peri Peri Prawns
- Bobotie Mac & Cheese — this has been on the menu before, but the ingredients are different
The Zulu Oxtail Samp & Beans is a returning dish, which was formerly called Tarith’s Samp and Beans. The dish will be slightly altered, with sea peas replacing the speckled beans.
- Braai Brownie
- Kilimanjaro (pictured above) — The chocolate mousse dessert isn’t new, but it is returning to the menu after an absence.
Disney has not officially announced the menu change, though it shows up on My Disney Experience. More changes may be made before the restaurant reopens.
Are you excited to dine at Jiko? Let us know in the comments.
The post Menu Changes Coming to Jiko – The Cooking Place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge appeared first on WDW News Today.