It’s been another BIG week in Disney news!
From HUNDREDS of price increases you’re going to want to know about to the start of another EPCOT festival, there’s a lot to catch up on this week! Got your coffee? Got a comfy spot on the couch? Alright then, let’s dive in to ALL of the biggest Disney news stories from this week!
1 — HUNDREDS of Price Increases
If you’ll be visiting Disney World soon, be prepared to spend a bit more on your favorite snacks than you were previously used to. This week, we saw HUNDREDS (quite literally hundreds) of price increases at all kinds of Disney World restaurants throughout property.
Dole Whips, Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bars and Ice Cream Sandwiches, select popcorn buckets and refills, select Mickey waffles, Mickey pretzels, and more are all now MORE expensive.
At some spots, the change was only a matter of a few cents. But the prices of other items were increased by $1, $2, or even $3. You’ll want to make sure you adjust your budgets to take these new prices into account for your upcoming trips!
2 — EPCOT’s International Festival of the Arts is HERE!
Late last week we got the FULL menus for EPCOT’s International Festival of the Arts, and highlighted all of the new things you’ll be able to snack on while there. Now the Festival of the Arts has officially arrived in all of its colorful glory! The Festival started today (January 14th) and will run through February 21st.
We’re experiencing everything the Festival has to offer and we’ll be bringing you FULL reviews throughout the day so be sure to check back with us for more updates. Get some Festival of the Arts tips and tricks by checking out the links below:
- Click here to see our best tips for the Festival of the Arts!
- Check out the DFB Exclusive 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts map
- Don’t sleep on these 7 returning Festival of the Arts menu items!
- Check out our FREE DFB printable for the Festival of the Arts
3 — Flower and Garden Festival News
This week we also got some exciting news about EPCOT’s International Flower & Garden Festival and some signs that this Festival could be…a bit strange? First up, we got the FULL Garden Rocks concert schedule. Get ready to dance and sing along to some of your favorite returning acts!
We also seemingly got the full list of food booths for EPCOT’s Flower & Garden Festival!
Things are a bit strange though because it appears there will be no new food booths this year, according to Disney’s website. Guess that will just give everyone lots of time to enjoy the classic booths we’ve seen in past years? We still don’t have the menus for these booths so the food items available at the booths could vary from previous years, but still it’s…interesting.
4 — New 50th Anniversary Snacks Are HERE
Over at Magic Kingdom, this week brought with it some NEW 50th Anniversary snacks. While some snacks have now gone away, new ones have taken their place. This week we got to try a new 50th Anniversary DOLE Whip float…
…a Donald Duck cake…
…and a revamped ice cream dish!
This week we also learned that ALL of the Seven Dwarfs will also be getting their own treats!
5 — BIG Changes at Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
This week was also a big one for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. First up, the ride is now available WITHOUT a boarding group/virtual queue system. So guests can now just line up in the regular standby line to hop on this popular new attraction.
Second, the ride is now available through Early Theme Park Entry. So guests at Disney World’s resorts (and select other hotels) can now ride this attraction before the park officially opens and the rest of the crowds arrive.
So if you’ve been hoping to get on this ride but haven’t been able to get a boarding group in the past, now is your chance!
Click here to see what it’s like to ride Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure BEFORE EPCOT officially opens!
6 — Other Big News
In terms of other big news, at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort we spotted something new…special smart lockers that are meant to store your packages and grocery deliveries! This could be a huge added convenience for those needing to get packages early in the morning or late at night.
Florida Residents: don’t miss out on your chance to get some specially priced weekday ticket options to Disney World!
Of course, other news was shared this week too, click the links below to learn more:
- Hong Kong has banned flights from the U.S. due to COVID-19 concerns
- CDC issues “do not travel” warning to Canada
- Florida breaks state’s daily record for new COVID-19 cases
- Florida has regained its title as “lightning capital of the U.S.”
- See where you can get a COVID-19 test in Central Florida right now
- Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ Movie will premiere on Disney+
- The Disney World Marathon took place and we got to say “hello” to some awesome runners and even see the Citizens of Hollywood(!!!!)
- A popular Disney World restaurant isn’t showing reservations for select dates
- If you’ll be building a lightsaber in Galaxy’s Edge in Disney World, there’s an important update you need to know about
- The Voices of Liberty are BACK in their regular spot in the rotunda inside The American Adventure pavilion
- Disney World’s new Salt & Straw location has set an opening month
- A DFB-Favorite treat has returned to Hollywood Studios
- Disney World is asking guests about health & safety, crowds, and more in new surveys
- Get the full list of seasonal dining dates for Hollywood & Vine
- Check out all of the Annual Passholder exclusive Disney items you can get online!
Click here to see what popular Disney World restaurant unexpectedly canceled some reservations earlier this week!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you planning to visit Disney World soon? Tell us in the comments!
The post Hundreds of Price Increases, EPCOT Festival News, and More Big Disney Updates! first appeared on the disney food blog.