Who doesn’t love a good snack when watching a movie?
Movies without snacks are like Mickey without Minnie, which just can’t happen.
It’s always so hard to choose which Disney movie to watch — there are just too many good ones! These charcuterie boards make the choice easy because you can watch the movie as you eat snacks that make you feel like you’re in the movie! For your next Disney movie marathon, here are some recipes for Disney movie-themed snack boards (the more snack foods the better!), thanks to Disney Rewards!
Snow White Apple Fruit Board
Don’t worry, none of these apples are poisonous, instead, this sweet snack board is filled with apples and dips!
- A variety of apples
- Peanut butter
- Assorted jams
- Greek yogurt
- Cinnamon, pumpkin spice or nutmeg
- Collect various apples of all different kinds and colors. If possible, leave the stems and leaves attached to a few of them to give the board a rustic feel. Slice the apples to create several shapes, such as wedges, discs and cut in half. This will give you plenty of ways to arrange them on the board for maximum creativity.
- Choose some of your favorite dips (we used peanut butter, caramel, Nutella, fruit jams and Greek yogurt, but you can opt for more or fewer, depending on what flavors you prefer). Place each one in a small serving bowl.
- To dress up your Greek yogurt, cut out this printable stencil and use it to sprinkle a Snow White design over the dip. You can use cinnamon, like we did, or another topping such as pumpkin spice or nutmeg.
- Place all the ingredients on the board and experiment with different arrangements. Fill empty spaces with crumbled cheese, shelled and unshelled pistachios or other nuts, the apples, dips and decorative touches like leaves from the apple stems. Don’t forget spoons, a knife and skewers or forks.
Don’t forget to whistle while you work!
Zesty Coco Grazing Board
Make Miguel proud with this Coco-inspired and vibrant snack board! This board features some healthy salsa, guacamole, and fresh veggies that all come together to celebrate Coco and the Day of the Dead!
- Chili-lime popcorn
- Mini bell peppers
- Tortilla chips
- Make the chili-lime popcorn following the recipe below, and look for fun and original ways to display it. We love this guitar mold, or a colorful bowl would add a nice, vibrant element to the board.
- Slice cucumbers, radishes, carrots and any other vegetables you’d like to add to the board. You can also add mini bell peppers and fun touches such as purple broccoli for extra pops of color.
- Gather a few of your favorite salsa dips and guacamole, and put them in small serving dishes.
- Get creative as you arrange the board, with the popcorn in the center, surrounded by a bounty of vegetables and tortilla chips sprinkled all around, plus the dips. Toss in a few lime wedges for those who want to add a little extra zing.
- For the ultimate finishing touch, nestle in some bright and cheerful marigolds. (Marigold flowers are edible, but you may find them too pretty to eat!)
Chili-Lime Popcorn Recipe
- 3 cups air-popped popcorn
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Half lime
- Mix the chili powder and cumin in a small bowl.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl and squeeze the lime over the popcorn.
- Toss the popcorn, then add the spice mix. Toss again.
- Top with lime zest for added zing!
The marigolds are the perfect touch to honor Mama Coco!
Dream Charcuterie à la Remy
Anyone can cook, so this is your chance to be a chef at Gusteau’s for a night with this charcuterie board! This is the perfect way to channel your inner little chef by recreating this fun snack board!
- Assorted cured meats
- Assorted cheeses (cheddar, brie, etc.)
- Assorted jams (apricot, blackberry, etc.)
- Spicy mustard
- Every inch of this board should be brimming with goodies. Start with slices of various cured meats: pepperoni, salami, prosciutto, chorizo—anything you can find.
- Pair that with several kinds of delicious cheese in all different shapes and forms: a hunk of Havarti, cubes of cheddar, slices of gouda, whatever you enjoy. Add in some movie references by cutting cheese into star shapes (like a restaurant rating) or creating a chef’s hat design on top of a wheel of soft cheese using a knife or cookie cutter.
- Slice a fresh, crusty baguette.
- Gather some of your preferred dips, such as fruit jams, honey and spicy mustard. Place them in small serving bowls.
- Go wild arranging the board. Don’t be afraid to fold, stack, lean and pile the foods together to create intriguing and attractive shapes. Add in crackers, nuts, fresh fruits like grapes and berries, pomegranate seeds, cornichons and other tasty snacks. We threw in a few sprigs of rosemary, basil and other herbs as an optional finishing touch. The key to success is going big and filling up all the space. And remember to add spoons for your dips (bonus points if you have a honey dipper).
You’re now completely ready for your next Disney movie watch with any of these recipes!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Would you try and make any of these snack boards? Let us know in the comments below!
The post 3 Disney Charcuterie Board Ideas For Your Next Movie Marathon first appeared on the disney food blog.