The Hawai‘i Food & Wine Festival is the premier epicurean destination event in the Pacific. Set in the lush island paradise of O‘ahu, the four-day Festival features a roster of over 50 internationally-renowned master chefs, culinary personalities, and wine and spirit producers. This event is scheduled from September 1st to the 9th, 2013. Co-founded by two of Hawai‘i’s own James Beard Award-winning chefs, Roy Yamaguchi and Alan Wong, the Festival in Honolulu and Ko Olina Resort will showcase wine tastings, cooking demonstrations, one-of-a-kind excursions, and exclusive dining opportunities with dishes highlighting the state’s bounty of local produce, seafood, beef and poultry. A special event on Maui is also scheduled with six chefs including Iron Chef Hiroyuki Sakai and Maui’s Bev Gannon. A listing of all the master chefs is HERE.
The festival’s finale will be held on the beach, in the sand as the sun sets along O‘ahu’s western shore and is hosted by Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa and JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa. Themed “Savory Ever After,” 14 celebrity chefs will tempt you with a culinary tour of ethnic foods from across the globe. Enjoy a night under the stars at the picturesque lagoon fronting.
Featured chefs for the festival’s finale include:
- Kevin Chong, ‘AMA‘AMA – Ko Olina, O‘ahu
- Josiah Citrin, Mélisse – Santa Monica, Calif.
- Celestino Drago, Drago Restaurant Group – Los Angeles
- Dean Fearing, Fearing’s – Dallas
- Michael Ginor, Hudson Valley Foie Gras – New York
- Scott Higa, JW Marriott Ihilani – Ko Olina, O‘ahu
- Michelle Karr-Ueoka, Alan Wong’s – Honolulu, O‘ahu
- Raphael Lunetta, JiRaffe – Santa Monica, Calif.
- Elizabeth McDonald, Honu Seafood & Pizza – Lahaina, Maui
- Richard Rosendale, The Greenbrier Resort – White Sulphur Springs, West Va.
- Nancy Silverton, Mozza – Los Angeles
- Andrew Sutton, Napa Rose – Anaheim, Calif.
- Ming Tsai, Blue Ginger – Wellesley, Mass.
- Ricardo Zarate, Mo-Chica – Los Angeles
photos: Ed Morita/Hawaii Agricultural Foundation